Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 27, 2021, 03:49:33 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rate The Last Movie You Saw
0 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 1337 1338 [1339]
: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  ( 4253814 )
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #20070 : November 18, 2021, 10:50:25 AM »

Lady Snowblood (1973) - The first 50 minutes or so are even better than I remembered -- and outside of some dated (but good) funky 70's music in a couple spots, that 50 minute stretch is almost perfection. It's the perfect exploitation movie, but then the plot gets a little goofy, and the climax didn't quite deliver the way I thought it did. I (wrongly) remembered something much better. But still, this is close to a Fistful of Dollars level of movie. Had the plot and climax been handled better, this would undoubtedly be a much more coherent and cohesive Kill Bill. It still sort of is in a way, but that restaurant scene in Kill Bill Vol 1 is so good. A

I definitely recommend the Criterion Snowblood set, but I don't know when I'll get around to watching the sequel again. It was solid but sort of forgettable from what I remember. It's too bad the cover art is so generic.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #20071 : November 19, 2021, 02:26:16 PM »

Lady Snowblood (1973) - Had the plot and climax been handled better, this would undoubtedly be a much more coherent and cohesive Kill Bill. It still sort of is in a way, but that restaurant scene in Kill Bill Vol 1 is so good. A
You have piqued my interest. And there is a Criterion sale on now. Hmmmm . . . .

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #20072 : Yesterday at 06:50:26 PM »

Shinsengumi (1969) - 7/10. Gang of assassins tries to maintain political correctness in Kyoto prior to the Meiji Restoration. Their leader, played by Toshiro Mifune, learns that principled killing leads to endless violence. Then he dies. Great chambara action, great arterial spurts (this is a color film), great body count. Another essential entry in the Death Cult: Japan canon.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
: 1 ... 1337 1338 [1339]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines