Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 10:15:37 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Touch of Evil (1958)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Touch of Evil (1958)  (Read 7111 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2012, 03:14:48 AM »

Yeah. In facts she also speaks fluent chinese in the Chinatown sequence

Ok, thanks don't recall that.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2014, 06:38:57 AM »

US Blu-ray press release:
Universal Studios Home Entertainment will bring Billy Wilder's Double Indemnity (1944) and Orson Welles' Touch of Evil (1958) to Blu-ray this Spring. The former arrives via a 70th Anniversary Limited Edition Blu-ray/UltraViolet combo pack, while the latter arrives via a Limited Edition BD/UV combo. Both highly anticipated catalog classics make their Blu-ray debuts on April 15th.

Touch of Evil

Synopsis: Directed by Orson Welles, Touch of Evil is a film noir masterpiece whose Hollywood backstory is as unforgettable as the movie itself. Starring Charlton Heston, Janet Leigh and Welles himself, this dark portrait of corruption and morally compromised obsessions tells the story of a crooked police chief who frames a Mexican youth as part of an intricate criminal plot.

The Blu-ray features three versions of the film: the Preview Version, the Theatrical Version and the Reconstructed Version, based on Orson Welles' original vision. All three are presented in 1080p with a English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono track. Special features include:
•Preview Version Commentary with Welles Historians Jonathan Rosenbaum and James Naremore
•Theatrical Version Commentary with Writer/Filmmaker F.X. Feeney
•Reconstructed Version Commentary with Charlton Heston, Janet Leigh and Reconstruction Producer Rick Schmidlin
•Reconstructed Version Commentary with Reconstruction Producer Rick Schmidlin
•Bringing Evil to Life
•Evil Lost and Found
•Theatrical Trailer

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2014, 12:10:13 PM »

Nice to hear that about Double Indemnity.... I don't give a damn about Touch of Evil..... You know what would be mighty interesting - if we could get, as a bonus feature, the original final scene of Double Indemnity, where Neff is executed while Keyes watches

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2014, 12:56:49 PM »

Nice to hear that about Double Indemnity.... I don't give a damn about Touch of Evil..... You know what would be mighty interesting - if we could get, as a bonus feature, the original final scene of Double Indemnity, where Neff is executed while Keyes watches
It does not exist.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2014, 01:41:58 PM »

That scene was definitely filmed. There are stills from it. You think there isn't a single print of it somewhere, in some vault?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2014, 01:44:30 PM »

Lets move this discussion over to the DOUBLE INDEMNITY thread. I didn't realize you'd made a thread for it... I've been tellin CJ for a while, if we have a thread for every noir, it doesn't make sense not to have one for DI, one of the most famous of them all!

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2014, 06:18:51 PM »

US Blu-ray press release:

Only 3 versions Shocked. Masters of Cinema release had 5 versions Cheesy. I think there will be some upset people if there's no 1.37:1 option...

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2017, 01:31:26 AM »

TCM is showing what they are calling "Touch of Evil: Extended Edition" on Thursday at 12:15 a.m ET.

(I do not know the difference between one edition and another; I saw one version of the movie once and couldn't stand it.)

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM