Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 02:29:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The French Trailer
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The French Trailer  (Read 3383 times)
Dirty Rat
Gunslinger

Just like the greasy rat that you are.......

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2012, 01:53:20 PM »

Have we ever discussed the shot of Blondie, Angeleyes and some of his men on what looks like a train on the French trailer?
It's only a couple of frames worth of film and appears at about 51 seconds into the trailer but I wonder whereabouts in the film it was to appear? Surely it had to be part of a whole sequence that was removed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_V-wR4VrAA

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 02:28:35 PM »

interesting  Afro

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 03:54:42 PM »

Man, I love this site. Every few months someone posts about an interesting observation that I never thought too much about before.

It seems to me this is an alternate take of Blondie and Angel Eye's crew waiting it out in the bombed out town. Maybe the original script can shed some light on this?

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 06:12:43 PM by Honest Farmer » Logged

I was an honest farmer. Now I'm Lil Brutto!
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 07:27:18 AM »

It seems to me this is an alternate take of Blondie and Angel Eye's crew waiting it out in the bombed out town.

That's what I thought too.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 08:40:05 AM »

Seems to me as well that this is a shot from the bombed-out town: Blonie, Sngel Eyes and his gang are waiting until the soldiers clear out. Remember, the Civil war keeps interfering in their questn for the gold  Wink

Also, I believe we've discussed in the past how the trailers (even in English) seems to use only shots that are not in the movie. Even if it's from a scene in the movie, it's not from the same take. and we come to the conclusion that when shooting, they must have rushed off the prints that they chose for the movie to be developed and prepared for editing, so they gave the takes they rejected to the distribution company to put together a trailer from. something like that. Didn't we have that discussion here sometime not too long ago?

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 08:44:23 AM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Dirty Rat
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 10:28:53 AM »

Interesting to discuss still

Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 12:19:08 PM »

Interesting to discuss still

Agreed.

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 01:40:32 PM »

Have we ever discussed the shot of Blondie, Angeleyes and some of his men on what looks like a train on the French trailer?
It's only a couple of frames worth of film and appears at about 51 seconds into the trailer but I wonder whereabouts in the film it was to appear? Surely it had to be part of a whole sequence that was removed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_V-wR4VrAA

Nice spot! I wonder if it's just after Blondie and Angel Eyes leave the prison camp...

Dirty Rat
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 09:37:42 AM »

Nice spot! I wonder if it's just after Blondie and Angel Eyes leave the prison camp...

I think it might have been

Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 05:35:23 AM »

2:28 to 2:30 looks like it could've been part of the ecstasy of gold sequence.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 08:49:25 AM »

Seems to me as well that this is a shot from the bombed-out town: Blonie, Sngel Eyes and his gang are waiting until the soldiers clear out. Remember, the Civil war keeps interfering in their questn for the gold  Wink

Also, I believe we've discussed in the past how the trailers (even in English) seems to use only shots that are not in the movie. Even if it's from a scene in the movie, it's not from the same take. and we come to the conclusion that when shooting, they must have rushed off the prints that they chose for the movie to be developed and prepared for editing, so they gave the takes they rejected to the distribution company to put together a trailer from. something like that. Didn't we have that discussion here sometime not too long ago?

Yes, I believe that's exactly what happened, there's one trailer each for the dollars films that is entirely alternate footage, this French one, the one that appears on the Italian blu of fistful, and a couple (one is just longer) British trailers for fafdm, would be fun to splice all the new footage into the films for kicks...

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 08:51:07 AM by Jordan Krug » Logged
Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 11:19:38 AM »

...would be fun to splice all the new footage into the films for kicks...

That thought has crossed my mind; fan edit with alternate takes. Would be cool.

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 05:53:15 PM »

That thought has crossed my mind; fan edit with alternate takes. Would be cool.

Would be easiest to do with fod, as there's a high quality trailer on the italian blu and all the additional outtake ftg they included in the special features on the Italian blu..

Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 07:00:40 PM »

How much additional outtake footage is there on the Italian blu ray?
And also, does anyone have the links to the British trailers which I can't seem to find?

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Senza
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 08:30:59 PM »

Yes, I believe that's exactly what happened, there's one trailer each for the dollars films that is entirely alternate footage, this French one, the one that appears on the Italian blu of fistful, and a couple (one is just longer) British trailers for fafdm, would be fun to splice all the new footage into the films for kicks...

Awesome idea, it can be the "SLWB cut".

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM