Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 09:13:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  DVD
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DVD  (Read 15806 times)
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2003, 09:25:13 AM »

Yeah, I think the movie stands on 3 great scenes: the opening, the final shootout and the bar scene.  I like it as much as the other two.  Though I must disagree with you as you say that the scene it pointless plotwise.  It is the scene where three of the main characters meet and it sets the relationship between the three.  So you should watch it without that scene, and you should know why the scene is necessary (to certain extense).

Well, okay, and I see where you're coming from - in any event, I can't imagine the movie without that scene though.  Undecided

Saturday nights with Groggy
Jupa
Gunslinger

Viva Leone!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2003, 04:22:24 AM »

Yes,OUATITW should definitely be released on DVD!I hope it will happen some day.I also hope it will have good extras.

AND NOW IT HAS HAPPENED.

The best movie ever has been released on DVD internationally.And what is more,it is a spectacular DVD with great extras:documents,photo galleries,actor profiles...It is like a dream come true.Great!

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2003, 09:51:09 AM »

My new Once/West DVD case was broken, one of the disc hubs was broken off and wouldn't hold the DVD disc, so I'm going to try to swap it out for a replacement.  Did this happen to anyone else?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2003, 04:02:12 PM »

No didn't have the problem but I wish we had as nice a case as they did in some European releases.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2003, 04:17:10 PM »

I swapped the DVD for a new one at Best Buy (priced there 14.99 USD), and the replacement was fine.  Interestingly, Once/West was in the drama section, not in the Action/Westerns section (I was lucky to find it there, probably stupid to even look there).  Then "then and now" stills were taken by some of this board's posters, including Bruce (and Marla).

klaatu
Bandido

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2003, 04:22:27 PM »

No didn't have the problem but I wish we had as nice a case as they did in some European releases.

Yes.digipak packing with outer case like European releases would have been even better.

Jupa
Gunslinger

Viva Leone!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2004, 02:15:07 AM »

Then "then and now" stills were taken by some of this board's posters, including Bruce (and Marla).

Yes,I also noticed that.I was very surprised to see that the board's old posters Bruce and Mike had got their names on the "then and now" section on the DVD.Is Marla also a poster here?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2004, 04:49:28 PM »

Yes,I also noticed that.I was very surprised to see that the board's old posters Bruce and Mike had got their names on the "then and now" section on the DVD.Is Marla also a poster here?

They don't seem to do much posting here though, don't see Cenk here either, does anyone check over at the old board anymore?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM