Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 02:30:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  DVD
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DVD  (Read 15628 times)
Il Buono
Gunslinger

You're the son of a thousand fathers!

View Profile
DVD
« on: January 22, 2003, 02:22:36 PM »

Why the hell is there no OUTIW DVD?  The dollar-trilogy is out, OUTIA is out, but the best isn't...  By the way, the extras  on the dollar-trilogy were lame as being non existant (except for the deleted scenes from GBU)! Angry

Anyway, I think it's good it takes a long time, because maybe they will make it worth buying (u know what I mean)!  And I hope it's not some chopped up version because a short time ago I saw three of these dusters... kidding... (sometimes I crack myself up Cheesy) I saw a retrospective of OUTIW and the whole bar scene was missing!  (On the other hand there were also shots that were in it that were not in VHS version, so... that was alright)  Damn man, the DVD has to contain the frikkin perfect version...

Also I heard a while ago there is a new Italian documentary on Sergio Leone.  Does anyone know about this?  Undecided

Your ass is grass... And I am the lawnmower
MARKGPL
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 05:27:48 PM »

I was looking at DVD's earlier today and I can't believe some of the crap that's available..

But a film that has a huge cult following and is considered a cinematic masterpiece is still only available on VHS..

Who makes these decisions..??..You look at a site like amazon.com and every second OUATITW review makes a reference to the factr that there is no DVD for this classic movie.

Beejerama
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 07:34:43 PM »

Not only that...but the VHS version is that awful pan & scan 4:3 (...BRUTAL!)  Anyway it was on Turner Classic Movies back in November in all its wide screen (2.35:1) glory...the ONLY way it should be viewed!!!

Paramount has said the the DVD of OAATITW is "definately happening" sometime in '03...

visitor
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2003, 08:21:52 PM »

Paramount put out a ws laserdisc version of WEST about 5 years ago.  Looks Great. AMC ran it quite a few times. Paramount is notoriously slow in releasing their back library of film titles.
WARNER and MGMUA put out beautiful ws copies of AMERICA and DYS on laserdisc at around the same time. In fact, MGMUA pit out DYS twice, first the truncated version then the fuller cut.
Since digital transfers have already been made, I can only assume that the reason they haven't been put on dvd is that they didn't sell enough copies to get anyone's blood boiling to re-release them.
They can probably sell more copies of TRIPLEXXX in an hour than DYS in a year.  Sad Sad

Jupa
Gunslinger

Viva Leone!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2003, 09:46:13 AM »

Why the hell is there no OUTIW DVD?  The dollar-trilogy is out, OUTIA is out, but the best isn't...  By the way, the extras  on the dollar-trilogy were lame as being non existant (except for the deleted scenes from GBU)! Angry

Yes,OUATITW should definitely be released on DVD!I hope it will happen some day.I also hope it will have good extras.

rrosefelt
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2003, 12:50:38 AM »

"Once Upon a Time in the West" is available on widescreen DVDs in Italy in two versions, one with a new Dolby 5.1 remix.  A friend of mine found one of them on the web.  It's in Italian of course and you'd need an all-sytems player to watch it.

It's also on the big Leone box set that has the Eastwood westerns, an opera and some extra material, like interviews.  All unsubtitled of course.

The film is also available widescreen on PAL VHS from Amazon.uk

If anyone would be willing to share their copy of the laser disk for a few days, I would be very grateful.  Please write me at rrosefelt@aol.com.  I recently borrowed a copy but it turned out to be warped.

I recently heard a rumor from a friend at Premiere magazine that the film will come out on DVD, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2003, 12:15:03 PM »

This weekend, the Arizona Republic newspaper listed 2003 for release of Once/West DVD, along with other classic films such as Adventures of Robin Hood.

shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2003, 05:47:34 AM »

I was able to download OUTW from Kazaa, just yesterday.

The quality of the download is really excelent. It's not a divX quality, but it's really excelent!!!

Try this.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2003, 04:41:18 PM »

Thats good to hear, I've gotten excellent results there, I was thinking of doing a search on Kazaa for Morricone, is that what you did, or did you put in OUTIW?

« Last Edit: February 19, 2003, 04:41:46 PM by cigar joe » Logged

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2003, 01:54:52 AM »

In november 2003, the ouatitw dvd will be avaible IN FRANCE (and in french of course). May be it's coming in us too...
But you've got to know that ouatitw wasn't succesful in usa, but has still the 5th place in the french box office!

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
shorty larsen
Bounty Killer

Agachate tonto

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2003, 02:06:48 PM »

Regarding Kazaa, you just have to type "once upon a time in West".

If you make the search with the key word "leone" you won't find anything.

I also found OUTA, but in Kazaa you depend on other members files, and if the other member is not connected, the movie won't appear.

What we can do, is that I have the file in my computer, that's for sure, so you can connect to Kazaa knowing that I, at least, will share the file.

Each one for himself, and God against all.
Yojimbo
Road Apple

There are 2 kinds of people in this world.......!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2003, 06:12:33 PM »

Just finished downloading "Once Upon A Time...." on Kazaa, if anyone is interested in downloading, look for MrMarbles@kazaa (me!) I'm always online and I have broadband. Its a fine copy and very watchable. If you have a PC to TV converter/card the movie looks fine on TV as well.
Got get it guys. This will do untill someone gets this classic out on DVD soon. It seems a crime that its not yet available, but maybe they are gonna give us an extra special 2 disc edition with tons of extras!!!!!!!!!

Jill McBain
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2003, 09:07:44 AM »

I have  "Once upon a time... Sergio Leone" Limited Edition De Luxe, that is box with 6 dvd... all the movies of Sergio plus a documentary about Leone...
And inside the box there is a real piece of the film of "C'era una volta il west"... (Frank and Harmonica)
But it's an italian edition only!

TBPJMR
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2003, 11:28:31 AM »

I have  "Once upon a time... Sergio Leone" Limited Edition De Luxe, that is box with 6 dvd... all the movies of Sergio plus a documentary about Leone...

Dear, beautiful Jill...
ALL the movies of Sergio? I've seen the edition here in Italy but I seem to recall that there is not Once Upon a Time in America, and that's why I did not buy it. Please let me know if your edition contains Sergio's last film too, and I will go back to the store and check again. That's the only film I can't find on DVD, and if you consider it's my favourite...

Bye and bye

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Jill McBain
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2003, 12:59:57 PM »

No, sorry... there are all the western movies of Sergio Leone... but not Once upon a time in America... Cry Cry

Ciao! Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM