Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2024, 11:06:30 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  If you had to pick one......remake, prequel or sequel.
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: If you had to pick one......remake, prequel or sequel.  ( 3346 )
emmo26
Gunslinger

« : October 30, 2012, 10:32:04 AM »

Remake...No way

Sequel.....no Angel eyes, and Im not buying into the idea of AE twin brother Colonel Mortimer being in it.

So Prequel for me........

a story about Stevens and Jackson on how they got that gold....Plus a back story on how Tuco & Blondie got to know all about Angel eyes.

**************** ZZ TOP´s 1st Gig **************
Lil Brutto
Bounty Killer

« #1 : October 30, 2012, 11:19:49 AM »

If I had to pick...prequel maybe?

Although in "The Good The Bad & The Ugly" novel authored by Joe Millard, there's a brief back story about the Yankee ambush and how Stevens/Jackson go the gold. Not sure if there's enough (interesting) story to warrant a prequel though.

There's also a a description of how Sentenza/AE became a Sergeant. There are other differences between the novel and the film. I recommend you obtain a copy off eBay if you're interested.

I was an honest farmer. Now I'm Lil Brutto!
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #2 : October 30, 2012, 11:55:05 AM »

How does Sentenza become a Sergeantß

Lil Brutto
Bounty Killer

« #3 : October 30, 2012, 12:09:58 PM »

How does Sentenza become a Sergeantß

Pretty simple. He stumbles across a dead (or nearly dead, can't remember) union soldier and steals his uniform. lol!

I was an honest farmer. Now I'm Lil Brutto!
Senza
Bounty Killer

You think you're better that I am?

« #4 : February 23, 2013, 06:13:21 PM »

I'd pick a sequel, as a matter of fact I actually wrote a sequel to "The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly" just for fun. I read that Luciano Vincenzoni [one of the screen writers for FDM or TGTBTU] wrote the movies "as a joke", as he claimed to have wrote FDM in 9 days and TGTBTU in 11, so I gave myself 11 days to write the sequel [not putting too much thought into it, just writing and seeing what I could come up with - not by any means to try and top the masterpiece that Leone created]. It's actually quite a fun exercise if you try it.

"Roll it up! Roll it up! I'll give you a good idea where you can put it!" - Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Tex
Chicken Thief

« #5 : February 24, 2013, 05:14:41 PM »

If I had to pick...prequel maybe?

Although in "The Good The Bad & The Ugly" novel authored by Joe Millard, there's a brief back story about the Yankee ambush and how Stevens/Jackson go the gold. Not sure if there's enough (interesting) story to warrant a prequel though.

There's also a a description of how Sentenza/AE became a Sergeant. There are other differences between the novel and the film. I recommend you obtain a copy off eBay if you're interested.

Just out of curiosity, is Joe Millard at all connected to the Leone? I'm interested in reading it, but I would be even more interesting if I could imagine the two discussing it  ;)

Senza - That does sound like a fun exercise

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines