Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2020, 05:58:01 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Happy New Year
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: Happy New Year  ( 7747 )
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #15 : December 31, 2013, 09:35:37 AM »

One more suggestion for a great movie to watch on New Years: EASTERN PROMISES

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
graysev
Gunslinger

« #16 : December 31, 2013, 10:23:35 AM »

Here's to looking back fondly on the old memories and making new ones in 2014!     Happy New Year!! O0 O0

If it weren't for that dress,I'd think you were a man,you ugly old wart.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #17 : December 31, 2013, 01:13:25 PM »

One discussion that will never end is the one about the dream theory. We can relaunch it once a year. I suggest we do it for DJ's birthday.
;D But then, you'd have to know when my birthday is . . .

Anyway, Happy New Year to everybody.

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #18 : December 31, 2013, 05:00:46 PM »

Happy New Year

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
sargatanas
Gunslinger

« #19 : December 31, 2013, 11:31:23 PM »

new year's resolution:

Sleep all day, drive all night
Brain my numb, can't stop now
For sure ain't no doubt
Keep an open mind, let it all hang out

O0

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #20 : January 01, 2014, 12:34:12 AM »

come on, people! can nobody recommend any good New Years-related movies? Again, it does not have to be a movie about new Years. It just has to be a good movie that has something to do with New Years, in some way related to New Years. I suggested The Roaring Twenties and Eastern Promises, both of whose final scenes take place on New Years eve.... any other recommendations for good movies to watch that are somehow related to New Years?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
titoli
Bounty Killer

« #21 : January 01, 2014, 12:41:47 AM »

The Apartment.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

« #22 : January 01, 2014, 01:39:41 AM »

come on, people! can nobody recommend any good New Years-related movies? Again, it does not have to be a movie about new Years. It just has to be a good movie that has something to do with New Years, in some way related to New Years. I suggested The Roaring Twenties and Eastern Promises, both of whose final scenes take place on New Years eve.... any other recommendations for good movies to watch that are somehow related to New Years?

Feel free to contribute: http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=8719.0

There was an idea... once...

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

« #23 : January 01, 2014, 01:43:36 AM »

Anyhow, I wish you all the very best! O0

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #24 : January 01, 2014, 02:10:55 AM »

Feel free to contribute: http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=8719.0

There was an idea... once...

neh, that was for movies ABOUT the holidays - both more and less inclusive than what I'm talking about. I'm just talking about a good movie to watch on New Years that has something to do with New Years. The two movies I mentioned happen to end with New Years, but has nothing specifically to do with New Years. I just figure that if I'm gonna be spending an off day/night watching movies, why not watch one that has something to do with the day/night  ;)

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #25 : January 01, 2014, 03:53:53 AM »

I have more ideas of films for Christmas. Now if you ask me, it's probably not what you expect but the ending of Fight Club has some new-year-new-start vibes, just like The Graduate or my latest short (hat is perfect for most occasions anyway) ;)

« : January 01, 2014, 03:55:26 AM noodles_leone »

stanton
Bounty Killer

« #26 : January 01, 2014, 05:09:26 AM »

A happy new year.

New Year's movies? I will watch Giu la testa in a few minutes. Perfect Sylvester film with a lot of fireworks.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

« #27 : January 01, 2014, 05:51:08 AM »

I always used to watch Star Wars (the original trilogy) for Saint Sylvester, I think when you're a kid the epic adventure type of movie appeals to you more. Also if the evening is family oriented I think you can't miss with it. Haven't watched it as of late, though. Later, when the Lord of the Rings trilogy came out I tried watching but didn't have the patience to sit through it. I'm not a fan of the trilogy anyways, so that could have something to do it. Truth be told, I don't wanna put it down, it is better to have that than nothing... or watch these 'comedies' made nowadays.

Yesterday I watched GBU for the first time in one bite after a few years. It was also shown regularly this time of the year when I was a kid, again, the great adventure thing. I've had great fun watching a movie in a long time.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

« #28 : January 01, 2014, 05:55:39 AM »

I have more ideas of films for Christmas.

That's exactly what I was afraid of...

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #29 : January 01, 2014, 06:26:19 AM »

Yesterday I watched GBU for the first time in one bite after a few years. It was also shown regularly this time of the year when I was a kid, again, the great adventure thing. I've had great fun watching a movie in a long time.

You can watch GBU again at 4:45 PM EST Sunday, when it plays on TCM http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.html?tz=est&sdate=2014-01-05  ;)

: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines