Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2018, 04:29:34 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Duck, You Sucker (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Archival footage of Leone directing the French dub
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: Archival footage of Leone directing the French dub  ( 5877 )
Novecento
Bounty Killer

« #30 : April 04, 2017, 02:47:16 PM »

The pee scene is fine... I was just referring to the (three?) fast-motion bits (Drawing faster than his saddle could fall down / slapping in the bar & the soldiers chasing the train. All three could have been done with fast-motion. Fast motion is bad beyond the silent era, except for Jerry Lewis maybe. Btw, Peckinpah did it too... in THE LOSERS & CABLE HOGUE.

Yes - true, it doesn't look good by today's standards.

What's "The Losers" like?

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #31 : April 04, 2017, 03:55:52 PM »

I'm coming around to the idea that Nobody is a Postmodern film (you win this one, stanton (bastard!)). That would mean the two Fonda films form a unit within the Leone oeuvre. I'm OK with that, especially if it puts paid to the notion that there is a Once Upon A Time trilogy. 

There can still be two trilogies, with one title that overlaps. The three Dollars films can still be considered together. The second trilogy--or triptych, actually,as I've already indicated--would be GBU, DYS, and OUATIA. Somehow I feel this is how things are going to be recorded in the Sergio Leone Encyclopedia.

Ya measly skunk! A-campin’ on my trail and lettin’ me do the work an’ then shootin’ me in the back. IN THE BACK!
mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

« #32 : April 05, 2017, 12:08:18 AM »

Yes - true, it doesn't look good by today's standards.

What's "The Losers" like?

THE LOSERS is quite interesting. First of all he named the protagonists Dave Blassingame (& his dog "Brown") & Burgundy Smith (as in THE WESTERNER),
the cast is terrific (Lee Marvin, Keenan Wynn, Dub Taylor, Rosemary Clooney) and it is more or less a comedy. It was the first time Sam
used slow-motion, people falling - just like in THE WILD BUNCH. There's some singing in it that is a little bit too much for my taste, but
overall very good. PERICLES ON 31st STREET I prefer though.

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #33 : April 05, 2017, 06:49:58 AM »

Somehow I feel this is how things are going to be recorded in the Sergio Leone Encyclopedia.

You're a basket of deplorables all by yourself.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines