Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 03, 2021, 03:45:25 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Cry Danger (1951)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: Cry Danger (1951)  ( 8925 )
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #30 : July 27, 2021, 03:15:42 PM »

The Bunker Hill locations, Dick Powell and the dialogue really elevate a solid but unspectacular plot. There's a very liberated feel here for a movie shot in '50 or '51 that I didn't pick up on my initial view years ago. There's a great wide shot of cops and criminals exchanging gun fire on location, plus some Russian roulette thrown in there. Not too shabby for '51. The Olive bluray is very nice and would have to be on the verge of going out of print at some point. A-
I agree with everything you said, but . . . how can you skip mentioning Richard Erdman?

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #31 : July 27, 2021, 03:37:46 PM »

I agree with everything you said, but . . . how can you skip mentioning Richard Erdman?
I was going to say the same thing as soon as I saw T.H.'s post. But I figured I'd let dj have the honors, as he is chairman of the Richard Erdman Fan Club, and I knew it wouldn't be long before he jumped in. It wasn't ....

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #32 : July 27, 2021, 04:01:41 PM »

Darlene: You drinkin' that stuff so early?

Delong: Listen, doll girl, when you drink as much as I do, you gotta start early.

Yeah, definitely an oversight on my part.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines