Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 12:28:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Ennio Morricone (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Morricone Recycling
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Morricone Recycling  (Read 2267 times)
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2005, 04:19:05 AM »

You know I''ve noticed that Morricone re-used some pieces in different films I''ve heard the saloon piano jag from FAFDM reused in Death Rides a Horse I believe, and noticed that a small piece from Corbucci''s  "The Mercenary" (1968) where Tony Musante is looking at a map of Mexico was expanded and used as the main title in Petroni''s  "Tepepa" (1968). Any body else notice this?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
KERMIT
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 08:35:14 PM »

personaly, joe, i think morricone has written many wonderful
things over the years.  but one thing is certain. when you do three fillms like a dollars, trilogy back to back, you get real good at that pictular groove you''ve created. you have to. morricone''''s music from all three films shines brightly from now till the end of time as we know it.

he may have been periodicaly stumped for a few passing chords and said what the hell this stuff i was doing was cool.
it''''s also MY stuff so i''ll insert this little jangling piano dity.....end of problem.  lots of composers do this. bernard herrman did it a lot.  it''''s really a beautiful thing when you''re lucky enough to catch it.  self-inspiration something else again.  but, in the case you describe especially because it''s morricone. he bad as he want to be, lol

« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 09:17:26 PM by KERMIT » Logged
redyred
Gunslinger

Ever the facetious one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 01:04:17 PM »

Luis Bacalov did it too. The music in Django when the Mexican bandit gang first appear is a main theme in Quien Sabe?

It's class.
visitor
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 01:35:52 PM »

Morricone?
he reused the theme from FISTFUL/DOLLARS where they burn down the town over the opening of DEATH RIDES  A HORSE

(actually, NOBODY''s WILD BUNCH theme is a parody of GBU theme)

FISTFUL''S title track was recycled at Leone''s request from a vocal Morricone arr and conducted a couple years earlier.

Title track of OKCONNERY(akaOPERATION KID BROTHER) was from some earlier arrangement I have on 10 cd set of his early stuff.

But yeah, they all do it. Jerry Goldsmith used some of PLANET OF APES in OMEN, Bruno Nicolai reused one them from LANDRAIDERS title track in two or three different scores

I have about 600 scores on lp/cd/cdr

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 03:10:48 PM »

Thanks visitor I knew we''d get someone who has collected a lot of scores that would have some input.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM