Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 07:42:53 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Ennio Morricone (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  ENNIO MORRICONE
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ENNIO MORRICONE  (Read 4735 times)
Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2004, 01:15:46 PM »

Word on the grapevine has it that, ENNIO MORRICONE, is going to do another live concert in LONDON, early in 2005! Having caught his two previous concerts in London, I can only nod to his fans to beg, borrow or steal in order to catch the next one. MORRICONE on ALBUM, CD,DVD is one thing, but, until you hear him LIVE, those important, wonderful tunes sound  eternally MONO! MORRICONE LIVES...CATCH HIM LIVING! Smiley Smiley Smiley

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 01:37:05 AM »

cheers, belkin, any idea if ticket details have been announced yet?

As a brit it would be an absolute waste not to go, as with the best, of respect, he's not getting any younger.... Lips Sealed

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
Blueberry
Gunslinger

I've been to Sugar Town and I shook the sugar down

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 05:50:14 AM »

Good news..!!

Yep, please tell us where you have seen this and when and where tickets can be purchased. I, as as Dane, will be extremely eager to rush for London even if it's for a day or two!

Anyone knows if he only plays London?

Nobody
Gunslinger

Nobody, but Nobody, knows the trouble he's in!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 06:08:00 AM »

Wow, that's pretty amazing news. I hope I'll get to see this...

"As boys, they said they would die for each other. As men, they did."
Belkin
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 07:33:11 AM »

Wow, that's pretty amazing news. I hope I'll get to see this...
Friend of my read an article in a Welsh magazine. Am searching sites in regards to Mr. Morricone's movements. Best thing is to check ROYAL ABERT HALL site. Thats were I saw him last time he played. If I come across any more info I will post it straight away. Wink

Belkin
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 07:28:21 AM »

Anybody ever come across this? An album of MORRICONE'S music given a treatment by somebody called ZORN. Never heard of the album myself.....in fact, never heard of Zorn!!!!! Anybody know of it/him? Worth buying?
The Big Gundown

1. The Big Gundown 7:17
2. Peur Sur La Ville 4:08
3. Poverty (Once Upon A Time in America) 3:42
4. Milan Odea 2:57
5. Erotico (The Burglars) 4:17
6. Battle of Algiers 3:43
7. Gui La Testa (Duck, You Sucker!) 5:59
8. Metamorfosi (La Classe Operaia Va In Paradiso) 4:25
9. Tre Nel 5000 4:32
10. Once Upon A Time In The West 8:27

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This was the album that made Zorn a household name (well, at least among really hip households). Although nine of the ten songs on the album were covers, they all bore the unmistakable touch of a single arranger with a very bold style. They not only cut to the heart of the Morricone songs, they also revealed an original musical mind arranging the pieces. Both Zorn and Morricone are well represented here. This is definitely Zorn's work, from the three electric guitar attack of Fred Frith, Jody Harris and Arto Lindsay on "Milano Odea" to the mural like quality of "The Big Gundown" which is the most visual peace of music I have ever heard.
This album is also an excellent representation of Zorn's 80's studio recordings. These "vertically layered" albums rely heavily on mixing and overdubbing to achieve their caucaphonous, multi-layered sound. They spark the imagination with the various sounds and styles inducing powerful visual images in the listener's imagination."  

Biondo
Chicken Thief

Gił la testa coglione!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 12:51:25 PM »

There aren''t  links to any Morricone''s official site,  here.  Why don''t u add one?

http://www.enniomorricone.it/

http://www.enniomorricone.com/

http://www.enniomorriconelive.com/

« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 01:38:39 PM by Biondo » Logged
visitor
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 01:18:33 PM »

Anybody ever come across this? An album of MORRICONE''S music given a treatment by somebody called ZORN. Never heard of the album myself.....in fact, never heard of Zorn!!!!! Anybody know of it/him? Worth buying?
The Big Gundown

1. The Big Gundown 7:17
2. Peur Sur La Ville 4:08
3. Poverty (Once Upon A Time in America) 3:42
4. Milan Odea 2:57
5. Erotico (The Burglars) 4:17
6. Battle of Algiers 3:43
7. Gui La Testa (Duck, You Sucker!) 5:59
8. Metamorfosi (La Classe Operaia Va In Paradiso) 4:25
9. Tre Nel 5000 4:32
10. Once Upon A Time In The West 8:27

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This was the album that made Zorn a household name (well, at least among really hip households). Although nine of the ten songs on the album were covers, they all bore the unmistakable touch of a single arranger with a very bold style. They not only cut to the heart of the Morricone songs, they also revealed an original musical mind arranging the pieces. Both Zorn and Morricone are well represented here. This is definitely Zorn''s work, from the three electric guitar attack of Fred Frith, Jody Harris and Arto Lindsay on "Milano Odea" to the mural like quality of "The Big Gundown" which is the most visual peace of music I have ever heard.
This album is also an excellent representation of Zorn''s 80''s studio recordings. These "vertically layered" albums rely heavily on mixing and overdubbing to achieve their caucaphonous, multi-layered sound. They spark the imagination with the various sounds and styles inducing powerful visual images in the listener''s imagination."  

so so - most of the melodies are lost in the avant garde jazz stylings.

on the plus +++++++++++ side, this lp was named one of TIME mags best of year when it was released which led Time Warner to put BIG GUNDOWN into rotation on their pay channel Cinemax.

The Smoker
Bounty Killer

Well.. well. if it isn't.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 02:44:48 PM »

I remember walking into HMV music store one summer  a couple of years ago... And there was bloody tons of em, in the sales racks.
Remember not buying it for the same reason Visitor just stated. Also being familiar with a Naked City LP by John Zorn

Somebody offered me a copy to lend once, Had one of those feelings as i was holding it in my hands,  it be like getting one of them cheap budget soundtracks of a well known movie, get it home find out its played by a wurlitzer and 3 piece brass band from Blackpool.    c a n n o t

« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 02:50:43 PM by The Smoker » Logged

Belkin
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 12:12:24 PM »

Not the man himself but sounds like it could be the craic.....if you live in Australia!
www.theartscentre.net.au
23 January
A Fistful of Morricone
Curated by Patrick Cronin
The music from the big screen comes to the lawn with a sampling, mixing and comedy tribute to the film scores of Italian composer, Ennio Morricone. Featuring The Ennio Morricone Experience, David Thrussell and The Four Noels.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 12:15:48 PM by Belkin » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM