Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 09:24:41 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  How to view recoverd 3gp video files from android phone?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to view recoverd 3gp video files from android phone?  (Read 1025 times)
wind demon
Bandido

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2013, 05:45:24 PM »

I recently recovered some 3gp video files from an android phone and am able to view some but then there are others that cannot be played even though they were also recovered (the playable files have a pic from the vid on the cover while the nonplayable files dont). Can anyone help me out or someone that knows? Tried to convert the files into other formats using programs like Prism Video File Converter Video Converter and Freemake Video Converter but no go, it couldnt read them. Help me please.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:50:12 PM by wind demon » Logged
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 04:24:16 AM »

don't know, did you try doing a Google search?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
chris
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 05:09:34 AM »

It sounds like the video files are corrupted.

Some players are better than others at playing damaged files.  Have you tried the usual players such as VLC, PotPlayer or Gom player?

If the files won't play in these, the next step would be, as cigar joe suggested, a google search on repairing .3gp files e.g.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18159087

« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 05:14:43 AM by chris » Logged
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 10:51:28 AM »

I have no idea if this point is germane to your question (and in general, I don't know jack about technological shit), but

I once had a phone (non-smartphone) from a certain company, (eg. LG) and I had a memory card in the phone on which I stored all my photos and videos. Then, I got a new phone (eg. Samsung), and assumed I could just take the memory card out of my old phone, stick it in my new phone, and everything would show up fine. Well, unfortunately, that was not the case: the Samsumg was unable to recognize that there were any photos or videos on the memory card; the only way for me to recover them was to stick that memory card back into another LG phone, then send each photo individually to my Samsung vie email or picture messaging. The point is that I guess each company uses a different format for storing videos and pictures (maybe it's cuz they don't want you to change companies) so that a device from one company cannot read the files on a card that were taken by a device from a different company

I don't understand exactly what you are dealing with, and I have never had  smartphone so I don't know if the same issues would apply to your issue involving a smartphone, but I thought I'd mention this just in case it is in any way relevant. Good luck!  Wink

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 01:51:56 AM »

the only way for me to recover them was to stick that memory card back into another LG phone, then send each photo individually to my Samsung vie email or picture messaging.

It's a bit late, but you would have had a much easier time putting the memory card into a PC Wink

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 02:21:03 AM »

It's a bit late, but you would have had a much easier time putting the memory card into a PC Wink

A) I am a Mac guy  Wink

B) My macbook doesn't have a plac e to stick in a memory card

C) I would have had to find the "adapter" or whatever you call the big SD card that you stick the Micro SD card into. No, it was easy to find another LG phone to stick it into, my sis had one  Wink

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 04:01:15 AM »

I recently recovered some 3gp video files from an android phone and am able to view some but then there are others that cannot be played even though they were also recovered (the playable files have a pic from the vid on the cover while the nonplayable files dont). Can anyone help me out or someone that knows? Tried to convert the files into other formats using programs like Prism Video File Converter Video Converter and Freemake Video Converter but no go, it couldnt read them. Help me please.

Why don't you try to upload them on YouTube? It supports 3GPP: http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/static.py?hl=en&ts=2888402&page=ts.cs
You'll see from there weither your files are corrupted or not.

D&D: ok Smiley

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM