Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 25, 2018, 01:17:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Beautiful Day for a Ballgame
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beautiful Day for a Ballgame  (Read 10262 times)
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2013, 11:22:51 PM »

So (other than soccer and the Olympics, which have their own threads), do we have any serious sports fans here? Well here's the place....

I'll start us off with.... golf! No, it's not among my favorite sports to watch, but a big event is always fun, and it doesn't get much bigger than the Masters Tournament.

Anyone watch the Masters this year? What an amazing masters it was! Adam Scott and Angel Cabrera needing 20 holes on Sunday before Scott won it on the second playoff hole; he nailed two great putts -- one on 18, and one on the second playoff hole -- to win, after missing lots of putts all day long.

Was an incredible tournament.

And it looks like Tiger Woods is just about back.... So let me get this straight. The jackass has a beautiful wife and child, cheats on them with a shitload of women including strippers, his game and marriage falls apart, the wife makes off with 9 figures of his money, he goes to rehab for sex addiction, and after all is said and done, he shows up at the Masters with...... Lindsey Vonn. Are you kidding me? I guess there's nothing SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS can't buy...............

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 12:31:28 PM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 05:59:24 AM »

Looks like the Pirates have decided to suck from day one this year instead of starting decent then flaming out.

Saturday nights with Groggy
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 06:41:36 AM »

Looks like the Pirates have decided to suck from day one this year instead of starting decent then flaming out.

I still say the Pirates are cursed for having the gayest team/theme song of all time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNAQ8LLptUo

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 02:21:58 PM »

Groggy's ego wouldn't be satiated if he didn't share this:

http://dubsism.wordpress.com/2012/06/11/guest-column-king-george-vi-on-the-top-10-worst-generals-in-british-history-and-their-sports-general-manager-equivalents/

The Listverse piece is mine, but the blogger put it to brilliant use. I never would have thought to compare Redvers Buller with Kevin McHale but in retrospect nothing could be more obvious.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 03:01:11 PM »

nice job  Afro

but for my money, no sports owner/exec can ever be worse than Harry Frazee (who is listed THIRD here). Selling Babe Ruth alone would make him worst on the list -- but it wasn't just the Babe; he systematically sold the great Red Sox team off, piece by piece (mostly to the Yankees) to finance his plays; look at the Yankee star players of the 20's; the list is nearly identical to the Red Sox star players of the teens.
The Red Sox won 5 of the first 15 World Series ever played; by the time Frazee was done with them, it would be 86 years before they would win another.

To Matt Millen's credit, at least he never had a Babe Ruth to sell  Wink

p.s. when I was in 7th grade, I wrote an essay (or a "composition," as we called it then) for a history test which basically went, "We didn't win the Revolution; the dumbass Redcoat generals lost it!" I got 100.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:58:33 PM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 03:49:06 PM »

The idiots currently running the Pirates deserve their spot. Of course you make money if you trade all your decent players for mercury dimes, but you might want to place "building a decent team" somewhere on your list of priorities.

p.s. when I was in 7th grade, I wrote an essay (or a "composition," as we called it then) for a history test which basically went, "We didn't win the Revolution; the dumbass Redcoat generals lost it!" I got 100.

Nice. Afro

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 01:53:06 AM »

anyone watching the NHL and/or NBA playoffs?

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 06:28:20 AM »

May 3rd was Metallica Night at the San Francisco Giants game http://www.metallica.com/news/20130207-89360.asp

Evil

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 08:05:42 PM »

Giants won their third game in a row after beginning the season with six losses. They're now 3-6, but the NFC East (generally one of the best divisions in the NFL) is awful this year, they actually have a chance at the division.

Right now, Dallas is playing the Sunday Night Football Game, in New Orleans. If Dallas loses (and they are trailing 28-10 at halftime), then the Giants will only be 1.5 games back of the division lead (1 in the loss column)  Smiley

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 06:16:35 AM »

Steelers are 3-6.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2013, 10:35:28 AM »

I think the Giants are the happiest 3-6 team that ever was  Smiley

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 12:31:49 PM »

are there any hockey fans here?

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 02:51:47 PM »

are there any hockey fans here?

come on, there are definitely some Candians here.......

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 02:52:27 PM »

Giants-Cowboys today... biggest game of the year for the G-Men....

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2013, 03:36:19 PM »

Steelers crushed the Browns and are now 5-6. Thank God our division is terrible this year.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM