Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 21, 2018, 12:32:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Beautiful Day for a Ballgame
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beautiful Day for a Ballgame  (Read 10152 times)
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 04:09:52 PM »

Steelers crushed the Browns and are now 5-6. Thank God our division is terrible this year.

but you're still 2 games back of AFC North, which is nowhere near as awful as the NFC East has been this year. If the Giants win today, then both Giants and Cowboys would be 5-6, one game behind Philly.

The Giants have won 4 straight after having lost 6 straight to open the season; you've never heard of a 4-6 team: that is so excited to be 4-6; whose fans are so excited to be 4-6; about which commentators are raving; which nobody wants to play; which pundits talk about as a favorite to win a division they have never led all season long, etc...

Anyway, that's all crap. We need to win today, period...  Smiley

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 04:20:51 PM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 04:19:26 PM »

one thing, though, is that the NFC East  is almost certainly not gonna have any wild card teams this year; the only way for the Giants to make the playoffs is to win the division. Therefore, this year, I haven't really had any interest in any game that doesn't involve one of the NFC East teams... I am the kind of sports fan whose pleasure in watching a ballgame comes from having some rooting interest. Usually, I can enjoy watching any game that involves any NFC team, because that potentially affects the Giants. But this year, since the Giants' only hope of making the playoffs is winning their division, I have no fun watching any game other than one involving an NFC east team. So it's a shame, but I haven't really been watching many other football games this year....

Anyway, the Giants gotta win today....

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 01:23:52 AM »

Anyone see the Alabama-Auburn game? One of the greatest endings I've ever seen...

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2013, 07:54:50 AM »

My Alabama friends are quite upset about it.

Saturday nights with Groggy
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2013, 09:10:15 PM »

I am mighty pleased about the Yankees' offseason - they wisely refused to give Robinson Cano a ridiculous 10-year contract; DJ's Mariners will suffer with that one.
The Yanks got Jacoby Ellsbury (7 years), Carlos Beltran (3 years), and Brian McCann  (5-6 years), and re-signed Hiroki Kuroda for a year.

We're not done yet; we still need at least one good infielder and starting pitcher, but thus far, I am very pleased with what the Yankees have done this offseason.  Afro

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:57:15 PM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2013, 05:45:26 PM »

DJ's a Mariners fan?

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2013, 09:58:43 PM »

DJ's a Mariners fan?

I don't know which team (if any) he roots for in baseball, but he is originally from Seattle and in our discussion about football in the MTSURMT thread he implied he was a Seattle Seahawks fan http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=10908.msg167441#msg167441 so I'll assume he is a (long-suffering) Mariners fan. Which means he is gonna continue to be a long-suffering Mariners fan for quite some time.

-----

Giants were officially eliminated from the playoffs; I hope we start dropping games now to jump in the draft. If we weren't gonna make the playoffs, better to get an start on preparing for next year. I'm sad cuz I was hoping they'd become the first team to play in a Super Bowl in their home stadium; every year that's talked about, it's eventually gonna happen, but not this year.
On that note, anyone catch the snowy games on Sunday? It's got everyone talking about what it might be like if it actually snows at the Super Bowl, which is gonna be in Metflife Stadium, first time ever for an outdoor cold-weather stadium...

Big security prep going on already; looks like there won't be tailgating allowed due to lack of parking sports; they're hoping most people take public transportation to the stadium http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10109826/no-tailgating-parties-super-bowl-stadium

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 10:04:43 PM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2014, 11:00:49 AM »

Giants finished the football season with a few wins to go 7-9. I am unhappy about that; all those wins do for us is give us a worse draft position. Anyway, (cuz of how bad the Giants were) football was done for me since like six weeks ago, but we do have a Super Bowl coming up in NY/NJ in a month. That'll be exciting :-)

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 01:41:22 PM »

The NFL's conference championship matchups are awesome: Seattle vs. San Francisco, and New England vs. Denver. I'll be rooting for Denver; (I'm a fan of the Giants and Eli Manning; so when little brother is out, I root for big brother.)

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 09:52:12 PM »

Rangers and Penguins have quite a playoff series going. You watching, Groggers?

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2014, 09:22:51 PM »

I figure you haven't been watching; and in that case, you're lucky.

RANGERS come back from 3-1 and WIN, BABY!  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2014, 10:53:29 PM »

Rangers have one more hill to climb, baby!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2014, 06:51:51 AM »

Why are you talking about the Rangers in this thread? Last time I checked, hockey uses a puck, not a ball.

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2014, 01:30:12 AM »

this thread is for all sports besides Olympics and soccer, which have their own threads. There don't seem to be any hockey fans here anyway, so no use starting a new thread for hockey Wink

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2014, 04:14:58 PM »

Why are you talking about the Rangers in this thread? Last time I checked, hockey uses a puck, not a ball.

Obviously you've never played street hockey.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM