Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2018, 10:42:44 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Beautiful Day for a Ballgame
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
: Beautiful Day for a Ballgame  ( 12590 )
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #60 : February 02, 2015, 08:49:40 AM »

hahahaha

Seattle is already favored to win next year's Super Bowl. Seattle is 5-1, NE is 6-1, Green Bay 7-1, and Denver 8-1.

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/12265900/seattle-seahawks-next-year-super-bowl-favorites

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #61 : April 06, 2015, 05:40:18 AM »

Baseball is back ...

I am less excited for this season that I have ever been for any season since I started following baseball almost 20 years ago. This is the first time I have begun a season saying I don't think the Yankees will make the playoffs. I'll settle right now for making the last wild card.

But, they are the Yankees, they do seem to have magic in them, ya never know ... just not used to being underdogs.

Maybe part of my lack of excitement for the baseball season is due to the fact that my New York Rangers are in the midst of a great season, playoff start soon, and they may well be the best team in the NHL and have a serious chance at winning the Stanley Cup; my mind is focused more on hockey now. I am sure that as the summer heats up, I'll be more enthusiastic about baseball than I am right now.

Anyway, I just hope the Yankees are competitive this season.

And there is always something special about Opening Day in Yankee Stadium. Nobody does the pomp and circumstance better than the New York Yankees  :)

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #62 : April 06, 2015, 05:54:53 AM »

Die, Yankees, die! (Go Mariners!)

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #63 : May 09, 2015, 08:27:29 PM »

Went to a Pirates game with my family today. Worth noting because it featured the first 4-5-4 triple play in MLB history.

Saturday nights with Groggy
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #64 : May 09, 2015, 11:56:22 PM »

Went to a Pirates game with my family today. Worth noting because it featured the first 4-5-4 triple play in MLB history.

nice!

saw that on SportsCenter

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #65 : May 13, 2015, 12:37:14 AM »

Yogi Berra celebrated his 90th birthday on Tuesday

http://nypost.com/2015/05/12/why-yogi-berra-90-is-the-most-beloved-player-alive/

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #66 : May 13, 2015, 05:46:29 AM »

I watched that game on DVR on MLB Extra Innings on cable ($190 per year).  Kang wasn't sure that he should throw back to Walker at second, the bench was all yelling, the players were yelling, and Kang knows very little English.  I'm from Pittsburgh, went back in 2013 to see Cardinals series there at PNC, walked across the Clemente bridge over the Allegheny River to PNC, absolutely great.

Yogi Berra celebrated his 90th birthday on Tuesday

http://nypost.com/2015/05/12/why-yogi-berra-90-is-the-most-beloved-player-alive/

I not only quote Yogi, I actually saw Yogi play twice in person when I was a little kid.  In 1959 my grandmother's brother in law took my brother and me to the All Star game in Pittsburgh, and in 1960 my dad bought tickets to World Series Game 7 v. the Yankees, I got pulled out of 3rd grade, and saw the only WS game that had zero strikeouts, a WS game rated #1 by baseball experts, closed out by Mr. Mazeroski's home run over the left field wall above left fielder Yogi Berra.  I kept my ticket all these years, have it autographed by Harvey Haddix and Mazeroski, so fully half of my four people's autographs.  Maz also signed my 1960 WS program from that day.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #67 : May 13, 2015, 06:38:53 AM »

I kept my ticket all these years, have it autographed by Harvey Haddix and Mazeroski, so fully half of my four people's autographs.  Maz also signed my 1960 WS program from that day.
Uh, yeah? What did you say your home address was, again?  >:D

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #68 : May 13, 2015, 03:53:36 PM »

I not only quote Yogi, I actually saw Yogi play twice in person when I was a little kid.  In 1959 my grandmother's brother in law took my brother and me to the All Star game in Pittsburgh, and in 1960 my dad bought tickets to World Series Game 7 v. the Yankees, I got pulled out of 3rd grade, and saw the only WS game that had zero strikeouts, a WS game rated #1 by baseball experts, closed out by Mr. Mazeroski's home run over the left field wall above left fielder Yogi Berra.  I kept my ticket all these years, have it autographed by Harvey Haddix and Mazeroski, so fully half of my four people's autographs.  Maz also signed my 1960 WS program from that day.

Nice. O0

Saturday nights with Groggy
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #69 : May 13, 2015, 09:36:33 PM »

so the last time you saw Yogi, he was looking up as Mazeroski's ball sailed over his head

as a Yankee fan (even one who wasn't born until 24 years after that game), that game still burns me. Mickey Mantle said he cried all the way home to Oklahoma because the better team lost. Yanks won three games by a total of 35 runs, and Pittsburgh won 4 by a total of 7 runs. In Game 7, sure double-play ball hits a fucking pebble in fucking Forbes Field and knocks out Tony Kubek.

Yanks set a shitload of records in that World Series. And Bobby Richardson, to this day, is the only player to have ever won World Series MVP on the losing team.

Here's the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1ktmTkB0kw I'll never watch it.

p.s. the Yanks won the Series the following year
p.p.s. the Yanks won the Series the year after that, too

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #70 : May 13, 2015, 09:38:20 PM »

I know we don't seem to have any hockey fans here, but did anyone catch Game 7 of the Rangers-Capitals? Incredible game, incredible series. Every game decided by 1 goal. Rangers are now 7-0 all time in Game 7's at home.

Now, it's Tampa Bay in the Eastern Conference Finals. Gonna be tough ...

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #71 : May 13, 2015, 09:41:05 PM »

have it autographed by Harvey Haddix

Harvey Haddix pitched perhaps the greatest game ever ... and lost 12 perfect innings on May 26, 1959, then lost it in the 13th http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Haddix#Near_perfect_game

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #72 : May 16, 2015, 11:49:52 PM »

anyone watch the Derby & the Preakness?

American Pharaoh looks to have a real shot at the Triple Crown ...

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #73 : July 05, 2015, 10:04:27 PM »

Anyone watch the women's World Cup Final?

America killed the Japs, 5-2. This game was over almost as soon as it begun. Carli Lloyd had a hat trick in the first 16 minutes. USA went up 4-0 quickly, Japan briefly made it somewhat interesting by eventually scoring two goals to make it 4-2, but then USA made it 5-2 and it was sayonara. Absolute domination. In the 2011 women's World Cup, USA lost a heartbreaker to Japan; then USA  won gold at the 2012 Olympics; and now they get revenge on the Japs by beating them for gold in the 2015 World Cup.

Right now, in the women's game, USA unquestionably is the best in the world.

O0

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

« #74 : July 07, 2015, 06:07:12 AM »

I saw most of it, USA gals dominated.  I was really glad they beat the Germans, a German company bought out my employer a decade ago, and most of the German management actually is arrogant and practically WW2-like.  They don't treat us as true equals.

: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines