Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2018, 04:56:49 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  And Then There Were None (1945)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: And Then There Were None (1945)  ( 112 )
moorman
Bandido

« : May 29, 2018, 10:09:33 PM »

If there is already a thread about this, my bad. I like Walter Huston so I had to check this out. I knew nothing about the movie or the book that influenced it.  At first, i didn't think i would like this film.  I thought the light tone of the film would dominate but it did not.  The plot has enough interesting things going on that it keeps you drawn in.  You cannot let it go until you find out who Mr. Owens really is.  The cinematography, acting, directing and plot are on point in this one.  I can see why its been remade several times. Its a very good plot.  Walter Huston has a wide range of acting ability and again it shows in this one.  I don't know where this was filmed but it was really done well. I rate this a solid 8 out of 10...

greenbudgie
Gunslinger

« #1 : May 31, 2018, 03:08:39 AM »

This is my favourite film version of the story. I like the sinister Judith Anderson the best in this one.

There was a terrible remake of the story last year where the mystery is moved to the desert. My favourite remake is the 1965 version known as 'Ten Little Indians.'

moorman
Bandido

« #2 : May 31, 2018, 11:41:54 AM »

This is my favourite film version of the story. I like the sinister Judith Anderson the best in this one.

There was a terrible remake of the story last year where the mystery is moved to the desert. My favourite remake is the 1965 version known as 'Ten Little Indians.'

Its the only version i have seen and i believe it would be hard to make a better one.

kjrwe
Gunslinger

« #3 : June 10, 2018, 10:58:07 PM »

In some ways, the film was very well done (correct time period, great acting, etc.).

It's just too bad that they didn't follow the novel's ending - the REAL ending. I think Agatha Christie made a big mistake when she came up with the alternate ending.

Seems like this film was also meant to be borderline comedy. A shame.

The 1980s Russian version comes close to capturing the REAL ending.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines