Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 01:47:33 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Lone Ranger and me.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Lone Ranger and me.  (Read 1370 times)
JohnReid
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2013, 11:12:40 AM »

Too cool not to share!

Since I was a kid I have always loved anything to do with the Lone Ranger.While looking at the trailer today for the upcoming movie I found out that his real name was Reid  in the original novel,earlier movies added a first name, John. This movie gave him an additional initial "W" same as mine ,but what really freaked me out was that on the back of the badge he wore in honor of his father,another Texas Ranger who is now dead,it is inscribed  JWR the same as my dad who was Joseph.
By coincidence the diorama that I am working on now is an Old West Theme Park.I guess that I had better name it the John W. Reid theme park after my father, me and the Lone Ranger.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 11:32:43 AM by JohnReid » Logged

In my world all things are possible.

My photobucket:
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/JohnReid/
JohnReid
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 05:08:04 AM »

While watching the trailer for this movie before its release to the public(today) I was really surprised to hear about the Lone Ranger's true identity.Sixty five years ago my cowboy hero,The Lone Ranger, never revealed his true name as it was part of his mystique to be unknown.I listened to the radio series and bought the comic books,watched the movies and the serials every Saturday morning at the local theater,and dressed up like him while playing cowboys and indians .I even had a long playing record (a big 78 rpm)and drove everyone nuts by playing it over and over again.Imagine my surprise a couple of days ago when I finally found out his true idendity ,when early in the movie his brother tosses him a Rangers Star,he flips it over and on the back is written JWR and then says " it's dads." My dad and I have the same initials and my true name is John W. Reid just like my childhood hero.

My photobucket:
JohnReid
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 05:09:34 AM »

My latest diorama that I am working on right now is dedicated to the great Italian movie director Sergio Leone of so called "spaghetti western" fame'.As an adult my favorite movie of all time is "Once Upon A Time In The West".I read about Sergio when he was a child growing up in Italy and I could really identify with him and his love for the "Old West".Although ten years older than me,he also had a lot of the same influences that I had as a child and he too developed a great love for the old cowboy heros.As an adult while watching his movies I learned a lot about art , he has had a great influence on me and how I do my dioramas and photograph them.

My photobucket:
JohnReid
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 06:07:44 AM »

As part of this theme park diorama dedicated to the "Old West" I am planning to do a few movie sets.This third set will probably will now feature the "Lone Ranger".The other two sets are from Once Upon A Time In West,Jill's arrival at Flagstone and the opening scene at Cattle Corner.One of the great things about doing dioramas the way I do, which is to just build stuff and let the story develop over time, became especially true this time as now I can just rearrange things a bit to include the Lone Ranger.

My photobucket:
graysev
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 12:29:16 PM »

The Lone Ranger was one of dad's favorites as it was mine.  I like the way you are making this part of your family. Things happen for a reason.

If it weren't for that dress,I'd think you were a man,you ugly old wart.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM