Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 01:12:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Shooting Schedule
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shooting Schedule  (Read 4322 times)
Martin K
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2013, 08:31:20 AM »

Is it known how many days it took to shoot this movie?

More info on the schedule would be great (how many days where), but the amout of days is already great info.

M

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 01:30:27 PM »

I'd have to check Frayling but I'm traveling at the moment  Embarrassed

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Martin K
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 04:58:38 PM »

When are you back?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 12:40:46 AM »

monday

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Martin K
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 02:12:29 AM »

Ok!
I'm hoping for info!

Martin K
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 04:31:44 PM »

monday

Did you mail?

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 06:27:17 PM »

I found it, 13 weeks, also, no union rules, so it was sunup to sunset.

Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 08:01:40 PM »

I found it, 13 weeks, also, no union rules, so it was sunup to sunset.

Absolutely amazing...

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 09:10:00 PM »

Leone says he had a big fight with Rod Steiger over the shooting schedule on DYS. One day, it was late in the day after a long day of shooting, Steiger had enough and walked off the set. Leone didn't talk to him for two days.

At least that is how Leone recalled it.

Frayling says he interviewed Steiger for STDWD, and (I'm not sure if Steiger denied that he ever had a problem with the shooting schedule), but he didn't recall having nearly the same problems with Leone that Leone recalled.

In fact, I once heard Frayling say that Steiger gave a speech once in which he said that Leone was the greatest director he ever worked with; in the audience for that speech was a young Martin Scorsese, and that was the first Scorsese had ever heard of Leone. (I find it hard to believe that the young Scorsese, who was such a movie nut, would have missed FAFDM, GBU, and OUATITW).

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 02:34:17 AM »

Not hard too believe considering the bad reputation Leone films and SWs in general had at that time. Especially in the USA.

And even a movie nut can't watch everything.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 04:48:03 AM »

Frayling says that comment about Steiger and Scorsese on the dvd commentary to DYS, at 40:30.

In Frayling's words:

Although Leone and Steiger rowed a lot on the set... in retrospect, Steiger said Leone was one of the best directors of actors he'd ever encountered: so many closeups, so many great charismatic introductions and entrances, you can't imagine getting a better push to your performance than the cinematic style of Sergio Leone. And he said this at a seminar which Martin Scorsese was present at, which introduced Martin Scorsese to the work of Sergio Leone.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Martin K
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 02:43:17 PM »

Come on. Bogdonovich nearly directed that movie. I'm sure Scorsese knew Leone's movies.

Martin K
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 02:45:15 PM »

Absolutely amazing...

5 days a week?

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 12:48:03 AM »

There is a video somewhere where Scorsese talks about the first times he saw Leone movies. If I remember correctly he saw one of the westerns first and didn't watch all of it: he didn't understand the movie (he literally thought: "what's this thing? There are cartoon sounds all over the place"). Then the dollar trilogy aired a lot on TV in the 70's and Scorsese had his TV on more or less 24/24. He didn't really watch them though, he was working with his TV on. But he got used to the sound design and music of these movies and got them into his head without ever really watching them. Then he watched OUATITW and loved the opera-like style.

Once again I may be wrong on many points but that's what I remember.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 02:59:07 AM by noodles_leone » Logged

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2013, 10:27:44 PM »

There is a video somewhere where Scorsese talks about the first times he saw Leone movies. If I remember correctly he saw one of the westerns first and didn't watch all of it: he didn't understand the movie (he literally thought: "what's this thing? There are cartoon sounds all over the place"). Then the dollar trilogy aired a lot on TV in the 70's and Scorsese had his TV on more or less 24/24. He didn't really watch them though, he was working with his TV on. But he got used to the sound design and music of these movies and got them into his head without ever really watching them. Then he watched OUATITW and loved the opera-like style.

Once again I may be wrong on many points but that's what I remember.

I remember hearing Scorsese say this, I think it was about OUATITW; I think he said that when he initially saw OUATITW he didn't understand it. I don't either remember where I heard this...

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM