Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 02:34:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Ennio Morricone (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Morricone at Barclay's Center, NYC
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Morricone at Barclay's Center, NYC  (Read 19205 times)
Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2014, 11:06:20 AM »

Yup, that's about right, SSS. Interesting info (let's hope it's true), from one German poster on the EM forum:

"Interesting interview with the maestro in german on Spiegel-online. He says he also plays "for a few dollars more " at his concerts in germany. Im curious . http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/musik/ennio-morricone-im-interview-a-940284.html"

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2014, 11:36:52 AM »

Yup, that's about right, SSS. Interesting info (let's hope it's true), from one German poster on the EM forum:

"Interesting interview with the maestro in german on Spiegel-online. He says he also plays "for a few dollars more " at his concerts in germany. Im curious . http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/musik/ennio-morricone-im-interview-a-940284.html"

In all the YouTube clips I've seen of his concert performances, I don't think I've ever seen him perform any music from FOD or FAFDM. I really wish he would (heck, I wish he would perform ALL his Leone music at his concerts!) so, should the fact that he plays it in Germany mean that he may play it in Brooklyn?

I also think the main theme in MNIN, the opening credits song, is really cool, and I'd love to hear that, but I wouldn't expect that - I guess maybe he'd feel that song is too comical or jokey for a concert. But I'd definitely love to hear him play the music from FOD and FAFDM in addition to the music from the other Leone movies that he plays

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2014, 11:51:16 AM »

The second vid is there just to annoy you with Rigacci  Evil

you know, a little while ago I said I was gonna stop talking about how much I hate Rigacci; I understand that he uses her on his concerts and that's all there is to it, I am gonna have to forget about it and no use repeating myself in constantly bashing her. But now that you brought it up, I got irritated all over again  Evil yes, watching her ruined whatever good mood those videos put me in. Yes, she is that bad. She completely, 100%, literally, ruins the song for me. Sad thing is, the only songs she sings by are the Leone songs. Which means that, while the Leone songs excite me most in all of Morricone's repertoire, they're actually the songs I LEAST look forward to in his live shows, because of her. I mean, the songs go from being my favorite in the world to being my worst. I guess she sings 3 songs: the main themes to DYS and OUATITW, and The Ecstasy of Gold. Three amazing songs, rendered shit for me.

HOW CAN SUCH A BRILLIANT COMPOSER ALLOW SUCH A PIECE OF SHIT TO RUIN HIS SONGS??? I have a theory, maybe he Morricone is banging that enormous ass. Rigacci's looks are as repulsive as her voice, but she's still probably 40 years younger than Morricone and maybe their paths crossed somehow and she got it up for him and he knows that she's his only chance at middle-aged ass, no matter how big and disgusting it is, so she goes on tour for him and is his own personal groupie backstage.

..................... The Los Angeles show is a few days before the Brooklyn one, so based on the reports from LA, we'll know what the (approximate) setlist will be in Brooklyn, and whether or not Rigacci is gracing America with her presence.... I am praying that he succeeds in impregnating her and she goes into labor just before the Brooklyn show and can't perform. I just pity the nurse that has to do that delivery; imagine Rigacci screaming in your ear for all those hours? A NAKED RIGACCI SCREAMING?Huh Like a Chinese torture.

Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil

Do you see what I mean, Milan NS? For my sake, [and for everyone's sake  Wink ] don't mention Rigacci again. Unless you wanna read this monologue again. No, there's nothing staged here. It just gets me so fucking irritated, I get high blood pressure for an hour after her name is mentioned...

p.s. Susanna Rigacci is the devil  Evil Evil

p.p.s. Susanna Rigacci is the devil  Evil Evil Evil

p.p.p.s. if they ever made a Johnny Guitar remake (maybe a "Johnny Trumpet")  Mercedes Macmbridge and Joan Crawford are dead, they can use Susanna Rigacci. She is 2 ugly women in one.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2014, 03:14:05 PM »

So wait, let's get this clear: you don't like her then?  Huh

Cheesy Grin

"but she's still probably 40 years younger than Morricone"

32 years younger... her wiki page says she was born in 1960.

Ok, I'll shut up about her... check out this pro-shot video of the 27 may 2000 concert in Poland when he was banging a different soprano, Orietta Manente - here's DYS & EoG from the Leone segment, now how 'bout that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxGntzAjixA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgkojku1LZ4

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2014, 04:00:09 PM »

According to Susanna Rigacci's website, she was on stage with Ennio no later than last night in Kiev.
She has done every concert since Ennio started touring in 2002, so expect her in NY and LA.

http://www.susannarigacci.com/

After a while, you get use to her rendition...

well Rigacci didn't do those shows in Warsaw that Milan NS linked to in the previous post

btw, that Polish soprano wasn't very good herself, but I can live with anyone but Rigacci

(and on the rare occasions I do watch a vid with her... I pity the poor violinist that has to sit behind that ass of hers)

Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2014, 05:18:19 PM »

Well, he did say "since 2002" (she was also in London 2001, btw), and the above concert was in 2000...

Btw, there is an officially released audio recording from Morricone's 1987 concert where he had this soprano: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alide_Maria_Salvetta

It's on Youtube somewhere... hang on... ah, there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Qwno0M54s

Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2014, 12:15:48 PM »

As fresh as it gets, here is the Baku program, three days ago: http://cs320628.vk.me/v320628422/7f1a/1sihS9RXnBg.jpg

SeanSeanSean
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2014, 09:46:51 AM »

My trip to NYC will be a mix of 3 of my great passions: Morricone's music, Star Trek and Samuel Beckett writings.

On March 23rd, I'll be at the Cort theatre at 3PM to attend the play: Waiting for Godot in which Patrick Stewart stars and at 7PM at the Barclay Center for the Morricone concert.
What a day, that'll be!!!

If it's a revolution, it's confusion
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2014, 09:49:03 AM »

Nice. DJ and I will be at Barclay's Center, hit us up, we can get drinx beforehand...

Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2014, 06:59:02 PM »

Prague setlist from couple of hours ago - except for one encore number (OUATIA instead of Here's to You), identical to the Paris program:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ennio-morricone/2014/o2-arena-prague-czech-republic-3bc51cf0.html

Big Boss 1971
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2014, 11:23:38 PM »

Stood at the wrong place when he left Verona , had I been at the bottom entrance (I stood next to the buses unfortunately) I might've had the chance to ask him to sign a poster or two......prolly not , it was similar to Elvis where he warp sped away in the limo Wink

Boss : You are a fool , the police will laugh at you ! (Big Boss , 1971)
rexlic
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2014, 08:56:19 AM »

Attention ticket holder!

We just learned that your upcoming event has been rescheduled:

Ennio Morricone
Barclays Center Cushman & Wakefield Theater
Sunday, March 23rd at 7PM  New date: Friday, June 13th at 7PM

Dear Valued Fan,
The Ennio Morricone show scheduled for March 23rd at Cushman & Wakefield Theater at the Barclays Center has been postponed until Friday, June 13th, due to a back injury the artist recently suffered.

Maestro Morricone has undergone an operation to repair a slipped disc, and his doctor has advised him not to travel long distances in the immediate future to ensure a full recovery.

Your original tickets are still good and we look forward to seeing you there - enjoy the event!

Need a refund? We'll refund your order, including fees (except UPS and InStore Pick Up, if applicable). Just hit reply to this email by May 1st, 4PM, include the last four digits of the credit card used for purchase, the order number, and the name on the account, and we'll take care of it for you!  We'll refund your order immediately, but please note that it can take about 7 10 business days to post to your account.
If you received tickets via our Ticket Transfer program and can no longer attend the event, you have two options: use our Ticket Transfer program to either return the tickets to the person who sent them to you or send them to a friend who can go to the event!

If you sent tickets to someone via our Ticket Transfer program and there is an offer (refund, exchange, etc) listed above that youd like to take advantage of, you must work with the current ticket holder to have the tickets transferred back to you first.  Once all tickets are back in your account, please contact us by the deadline (if there is one listed in this notification) so we can process your request.

Questions? Just hit reply and ask us or visit Ticketmaster.com!
Thanks for being a fan!

Ticketmaster Fan Support

SeanSeanSean
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2014, 10:06:11 AM »

Attention ticket holder!

We just learned that your upcoming event has been rescheduled:

Ennio Morricone
Barclays Center Cushman & Wakefield Theater
Sunday, March 23rd at 7PM  New date: Friday, June 13th at 7PM

Dear Valued Fan,
The Ennio Morricone show scheduled for March 23rd at Cushman & Wakefield Theater at the Barclays Center has been postponed until Friday, June 13th, due to a back injury the artist recently suffered.

Maestro Morricone has undergone an operation to repair a slipped disc, and his doctor has advised him not to travel long distances in the immediate future to ensure a full recovery.

Your original tickets are still good and we look forward to seeing you there - enjoy the event!

Questions? Just hit reply and ask us or visit Ticketmaster.com!
Thanks for being a fan!

Ticketmaster Fan Support

Got the same message.
I was afraid of that since they cancelled Istanbul.
Shit!!!

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:03:33 AM by SeanSeanSean » Logged

SeanSeanSean
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2014, 10:09:19 AM »

http://www.enniomorricone.it/uk/news.php

ENNIO MORRICONE POSTPONES CONCERTS IN U.S. TO JUNE 2014
It is with great disappointment that the management of Maestro Ennio Morricone has to announce that the forthcoming concerts in America, dated March 20 and 23, have to be postponed to June 13 in New York and June 15 in Los Angeles, following medical advice after a recent successful back procedure.

"Dear Friends, I am so sad to let you down, but having just had surgery on February 20, my doctors have given me strict instructions not to fly long distances in the immediate future to ensure a full recovery. I had hoped that they would change their minds, but I regret they have been insistent. I look forward to seeing you in June." Ennio Morricone, Rome.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2014, 12:59:36 PM »

As a ticketholder, I am not unduly disappointed by this decision, although I may not be able to attend on the new date. The important thing is that the maestro makes a full recovery.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM