Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 01:57:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Ennio Morricone (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Morricone at Barclay's Center, NYC
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Morricone at Barclay's Center, NYC  (Read 19309 times)
Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2014, 02:20:22 PM »

At least it's not cancelled. Three more months for you, my American friends...

Bit longer announcement than the one posted on the previous page by SSS:

“Dear Friends, it saddens me deeply to have to postpone these concerts. I am very much looking forward to my first Los Angeles performance and only my second New York City performance, both of which are almost sold out. Hollywood has been instrumental in bringing my work to American audiences, and my 2007 performance in New York was one of the high points of my career to date. I’m grateful and sorry to my fans for having to delay these shows. I’ll miss you, and I look forward to seeing you in June.”

http://www.enniomorricone-usa-2014.com/index.php?p=Home&l=en

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2014, 05:22:28 PM »

Cry

Saturday nights with Groggy
SeanSeanSean
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »

The new date is on FRIDAY the 13th of June 2014?

Anyone superstitious?

If it's a revolution, it's confusion
Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2014, 01:31:36 PM »

Sounds great!

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2014, 03:46:25 PM »

Superstitious, no. Sad, yes.
I am probably still gonna go. After waiting all this time, waiting another 3 months now will be hard. But hey, I've waited a few years already, so..... I am actually surprised that an 85-year-old that just had surgery is confident enough to re-schedule a concert 3 months from now, but I'm not a doctor......
So, does anyone here - besides me, DJ, and SeanSeanSean - have tickets for this concert?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
rexlic
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2014, 07:11:45 PM »

Superstitious, no. Sad, yes.
I am probably still gonna go. After waiting all this time, waiting another 3 months now will be hard. But hey, I've waited a few years already, so..... I am actually surprised that an 85-year-old that just had surgery is confident enough to re-schedule a concert 3 months from now, but I'm not a doctor......
So, does anyone here - besides me, DJ, and SeanSeanSean - have tickets for this concert?

I do.  And as disappointing as the postponement is, it works for me because I have something else to go to that night of great personal importance and was very conflicted about having to make a choice.

As always, the man's health is what matters most, and I only wish the best for him, of course.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2014, 04:30:24 PM »

Ticketmaster emailed an alert today: the time of the concert has been pushed to 8:00 PM

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2014, 05:54:37 AM »

h/t Milan NS:

http://variety.com/2014/music/news/ennio-morricone-tour-canceled-1201185530/

Variety is reporting that all of Morricone's scheduled concerts in North America and Europe have been canceled due to the Maestro's ongoing health problems. Nothing official has been announced yet, but Variety says the choir members have been told the concert is off. I haven't received any notification from Ticketmaster yet, but I assume I will soon.

Cry

here is the text of the article

Ennio Morricone Tour Dates Canceled Due to Health Concerns

May 18, 2014 | 04:09PM PT
By Jon Burlingame
[/b]

Italian film-composing legend Ennio Morricone’s ongoing health concerns have led to the cancellation of his three North American concerts in June, sources say.

Morricone, who suffered a back injury earlier this year that led to the postponement of his scheduled March concerts in New York and L.A., had been slated to conduct his own 100-piece orchestra on June 13 (in Brooklyn), June 15 (at LA Live’s Nokia Theatre) and June 18 (in Mexico City).

Members of the 75-voice choir that had been scheduled to accompany the maestro in L.A. were informed Sunday that the concert had been cancelled due to his “serious health issues.”

In addition to his three North American appearances, sources say the rest of his planned concert tour — with 21 dates across Europe from late June through March of next year — is also likely to be cancelled.

Publicists for the Morricone concerts could not immediately be reached.

The 85-year-old composer of “The Mission,” “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly,” “Days of Heaven” and more than 400 other scores has never appeared in concert in Los Angeles. His sole previous American concert was in 2007 in New York.

Morricone is only the second composer in Oscar history to receive an honorary Oscar for career achievement. He received it in 2007. His other notable scores include “Cinema Paradiso,” “Once Upon a Time in America,” “The Untouchables” and “Bugsy.”

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 07:19:41 AM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

SeanSeanSean
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2014, 07:11:27 AM »

Shit!!!  Angry

No word yet on his official site:

http://www.enniomorricone.it/uk/news.php

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 07:14:17 AM by SeanSeanSean » Logged

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2014, 07:22:27 AM »

yeah, I guess he wanted to inform the choir members and others involved before announcing it to the public. I am hoping there is some mistake in Variety's sources, but I am not too optimistic. I assume we should get an email from Ticketmaster within the next day or two.

Come to think of it, with all these new restored Leone BRD boxsets coming out soon, I may need the $400 I'm gonna get back for the canceled tickets  Wink

SeanSeanSean
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2014, 08:07:21 AM »

If I miss him this time, I figure I'll never see him again live because of his great age. (85 yo)

At least I have the indelible memory of the RCMH concert of 2007.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2014, 08:28:39 AM »

Come to think of it, with all these new restored Leone BRD boxsets coming out soon, I may need the $400 I'm gonna get back for the canceled tickets  Wink
Buy a region-free BD player!

It's a shame about the concerts, though. Like S,S,S says, we may never get another chance to see EM in the flesh.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2014, 12:57:49 PM »

(Yo Dave... cool Herzog screenshot...)

Thanks to saltarello from the EM forum:

http://www.gazzettadelsud.it/news/92640/Morricone-calls-off-future-concerts-indefinitely---update.html

'Legendary cinema composer Ennio Morricone called off indefinitely any future tours and concerts on Monday due to a herniated disc. "He's been afflicted for some months," said his lawyer Giorgio Assumma. "It's making conducting and long-distance travel impossible". Made famous for writing unforgettable scores for Sergio Leone's Spaghetti Westerns in the 1960s and 70s, the 85-year-old will continue to compose music for cinema. His lawyer added that Morricone may be well enough for future concerts in his home city of Rome, "after his recovery, which is not expected to be swift".'

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 05:23:21 PM by Milan NS » Logged
rexlic
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2014, 05:23:17 PM »

The Ennio Morricone show scheduled for June 13 at Cushman & Wakefield Theater at Barclays Center has been cancelled due to health issues.

Morricone has been in recovery since March, when he suffered a back injury that forced the postponement of this concert from March to June. He was expected to make a fast recovery, however his doctors have now found further complications.

All online and phone credit card orders will be automatically refunded. Remaining refunds will be available at point of purchase.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope to see you at a future event at Barclays Center.

Sincerely,

Barclays Center

rexlic
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2014, 05:32:51 PM »

I don't know how the refund policy plays out, but as of now, Ticketmaster has moved the show to the "Past Events" category, yet still seems to be offering tickets for sale.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM