Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 25, 2024, 02:52:35 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Reading Leone?
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Reading Leone?  ( 3835 )
Rinaldo
Road Apple

« : August 05, 2004, 05:21:16 PM »

Can any of you very smart people recommend a good book about Leone and his films? The Frayling book, Something to do with Death, seems to be well-received. Any thoughts?

On a different note...Does anyone know of Leone scripts in print? Either in Italian or English.

Grazie,

Naldo

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

« #1 : August 07, 2004, 11:34:12 AM »

fraylings book, period... i don't even read that often and i've read the 500+ page book twice now... it's a great read! It'll add something to each new viewing of leones movies

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
Rinaldo
Road Apple

« #2 : August 07, 2004, 12:19:50 PM »

Thanks, I'll get hold of the Frayling book.

Naldo

DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

« #3 : August 07, 2004, 01:57:14 PM »

fraylings book is fantastically informative but maybe a bit too sycophantic - want to get hold of maybe a couple of others but there isnt really alot on spaghettis as far as i know. but something to do with death is definitely worth it

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
Leonardo
Gunslinger

"So you're not a businessman after all.."

« #4 : August 08, 2004, 10:43:13 AM »

I've got a book in italian called "L'antiwestern e il caso Leone" by Franco Ferrini. I bought it in the early seventies. It has the full script, scene by scene, of DYS, plus the script of the cut sequences in OUTIW.
By the way, the ending of DYS was WITHOUT flash-back.
Back in the mid-seventies, I wrote a letter to Leone's production company RAFRAN in Rome, pretending to write a book and asking for the scripts of his movies. I did get a reply, but I was told that scripts are propriety of the director and cannot be given to anyone unless specifically authorized  the director.
To the best of my knowledge, the book by Ferrini is the only one with a Leone script.
Trivia: what does RAFRAN stand for?
Answer: initials of Leone's children Raffaella, Francesca and Andrea.

Bill Carson

« #5 : August 10, 2004, 01:56:14 PM »

8) saludos Rinaldo. books? okey-dokey, check these out my friend. COWBOYS & EUROPEANS - FROM KARL MAY TO SERGIO LEONE and of course SOMETHING TO DO WITH DEATH, both by Christopher Frayling. both very good.

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines