Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 09:20:14 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Ennio Morricone (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Concerts
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Concerts  (Read 27176 times)
Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2016, 07:25:01 PM »

First review from Prague in; mentions "The last stage to Red Rock" and "Bestiality" being performed. "The red tent" and "The best offer" as well. Nice.

I'll be in Budapest on Sunday, so will report back, scan the programme, the usual.

Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2016, 07:47:13 PM »

3.30 AM over here, just got back from Budapest - my third and absolute best Morricone concert. I'll scan the programme tomorrow. I will just say this... he did the... MAN WITH THE HARMONICA. Yup. My jaw dropped to the floor when I've spotted it in the programme (more a book than a programme), it started the Leone segment, Il Forte from GBU followed, and then the usual Leone stuff. More tomorrow... in the meantime, I see someone uploaded it from the previous concert in Prague (where it made its live debut), too bad about the lousy audio (the fender guitar ROCKED in the Budapest Arena): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe5ovROt27Q

« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 08:57:35 PM by Milan NS » Logged
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2016, 08:27:42 PM »

Thanks for all your updates!

I am terribly jealous. Perhaps one day I will just give up on Morricone ever coming to America, and actually go to Europe and spend a thousand bucks for a concert.

Any vids you can share, please do  Afro

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2016, 09:27:42 AM »

Complete programme with encores:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ennio-morricone/2016/papp-laszlo-sportarena-budapest-hungary-13f3955d.html

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2016, 09:31:05 AM »

Afro

Saturday nights with Groggy
Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2016, 02:28:50 PM »

So where do I begin... I'm just gonna type this ad hoc... after a 4 hour car ride from Novi Sad, the three of us arrived in a very cold Budapest. I got my ticket back in august; my two friends were more adventurous and arrived ticketless to a sold out concert. So at 7 PM, in I go reluctantly, leaving them with the "We need two tickets" sign. They got in 15 minutes later. So once inside, and it's one more hour until the start, I've decided to check out the merch stand. And what a stand it was! Like for some rock star. I was greeted by couple of cute hungarian girls wearing this:

I immediately went for the LP-sized 50-page programme:

... and then I bought this:

There was also a brand new book by the Maestro himself:

... but it was too pricey for 128 pages with large font text and one-page photos. And anyway, if I change my mind, I can always order it through the new section of the EM website: http://enniomorricone.firebrandstores.com/index.php

So anyhow, I've taken my seat some 20 meters from the stage, great view. Chatting with a nice hungarian couple, it was a third EM concert for them as well. Apparently, they were clueless about any merchandise being sold, so I've sent them in the right direction and they bought the programme.

The 'setlist' above is accurate; Ennio stepped to the podium at 8:20 PM, there was a 20 minutes intermission, and the concert ended at 10:50 PM. The first part ended as usual with the Leone segment. The second set started with the "Hateful eight", and when that badass intro started... oh man. When "Bestiality" kicked in, all I could think about was [spoiler!] the puking scene from the film. I loved the whole programme (bit disappointed that the "Sicilian Clan" was dropped from the "Scattered Sheets" section of the concert); so "The mission" finale is here, and I'm thinking the only piece that is missing (to me) is the crowd favourite "Abolisson", but then again I've heard it on two previous occasions, so no big deal right? Anyhow, Ennio comes out for the first encore, he looks at the pianist who takes the position at the organ... I go "Can it be... ?" ... and then the Abolisson's powerful intro kicks in. BAM! That's it. It blew the roof off the Arena.

As I exit along with 12,000 other folks, I find my two buddies with no problem; I think for 10 minutes we were enthusiastically talking over each other. Got in the car and off to Serbia, got in Novi Sad under 3 hours, must've been a record, but there was virtually no one else apart from us on the border.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 02:38:44 PM by Milan NS » Logged
Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2016, 04:21:28 PM »

Here's the Leone segment from the third concert of the tour, in Bratislava. Once again the video is shot from far away but at least you get to hear how that fender guitar sounded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW-7xLLtju4

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2016, 05:34:19 PM »

Thanks for sharing Afro

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2016, 01:50:37 PM »

Short pro-shot clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVzK8e_pPZ8

Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2016, 07:59:57 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/maestroenniomorricone

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2016, 08:12:10 AM »

I believe the answer to the first is THE BATTLE OF ALGIERS. The answer to #2 is definitely the TRUMPET. I don't know #3 though I am sure it can be found on Google. But I am not in the UK anyway ...

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2016, 08:57:46 AM »

Wikipedia has us covered: Gruppo di Improvvisazione di Nuova Consonanza.

That's what you get, Drink, for lying in the middle of the road.
Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2016, 04:51:15 PM »

Afro

Btw, 9 years ago today - I know some of you guys were there:

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2016, 10:47:06 AM »

So I'm going to see Ennio live for the third time in May in Paris, just because of Milan NS repeated posts.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 11:48:24 AM by noodles_leone » Logged

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2016, 11:47:23 AM »

Congrats! It will rock, you'll have a great time.  Afro

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM