Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 01:35:56 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Ennio Morricone (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Concerts
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Concerts  (Read 29965 times)
Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2015, 06:02:53 PM »

Hey drinkanddestroy, 'sup buddy! My guess is that the one good chance now for you to see him in the US would be if his Tarantino score gets the Oscar nomination. He came to the US in 2001 when his "Malena" score was running for Oscar - gave a lecture but no concert, and then he came back in 2007 for the Life Achievement Oscar and used the opportunity to give two concerts. Let's hope the same happens in 2016 then.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:57:42 AM by Milan NS » Logged
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2015, 02:09:13 AM »

Maybe skip the girlfriend? Just kidding! (is she a fan btw?)

She's not a hardcore fan but she loves his music. I almost skipped her last time: I paid for my ticket and she paid for her ticket and her brother's ticket (birthday present). She couldn't afford 2 good tickets so I spent the evening alone in the front rows whiel they were in the back of the room. I cannot pull up that stunt twice Smiley

And what's up with those prices? Is it a Paris thing? The most expensive ticket for Frankfurt (no eastern Europe for sure) was 100 euros.

No idea what they're thinking! It's very uncommon here. Every time I speak about it in Paris people are horrified by the price... but the concert are always fully booked within a few days so I guess they could make us pay 500 bucks and still sell everything.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2015, 04:27:27 AM »

I have not the slightest interest to attend such a concert. I have not much interest to hear film music outside the films. And I would never pay more than 50 bucks for a concert. Artists who can ask for such an amount of money are normally musically dead anyway.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2015, 06:34:07 AM »

I have not much interest to hear film music outside the films.

Weirdoooooo

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2015, 07:48:43 AM »

Ennio did a concert two nights ago in the Arena Verona. He fell the night between 2 and 3 August and broke his femur. But he had to be there for the orchestra and chorus... so he conducted the whole concert in a wheelchair.

Did Ennio include any music from "Rear Window" as a joke Huh

Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2015, 10:38:11 AM »

New date - Wroclaw, Poland, 23 february. Tarantino's "Hateful Eight" will be on the programme; google translate:

http://tinyurl.com/qgewkgd

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2015, 12:12:50 PM »

I was trying to hint that n_l should bring a camera to the concert and post vids for us Wink

When Morricone was scheduled in Brooklyn, DJ and I paid $200 each. Then DJ had to cancel, so I offered the other ticket to a girl I was messing around with (I don't do relationships) who lived near the Barclays Center. She has seen Leone films and likes them but not an insane fan like us, who would spend $200 on a Morricone concert. So the evening would have cost me $400. She offered to pay for her ticket but I didn't let her, cuz she wasn't a huge fan and was only going cuz of me.
Anyway, the show was canceled, so I got my $400 refunded. Instead, I spent the evening at her place, fucking her for free. But I'd have preferred to pay $400 to spend a couple of hours with Morricone first.
Needless to say, the girl has since gotten rid of me. Needless to say, I have still never seen Morricone.
But I still have the ticket (and gave the other to DJ). A souvenir from an event that never happened. Story of my life Wink

« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 11:43:52 PM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2015, 11:44:45 PM »

Hey drinkanddestroy, 'sup buddy! My guess is that the one good chance now for you to see him in the US would be if his Tarantino score gets the Oscar nomination. He came to the US in 2001 when his "Malena" score was running for Oscar - gave a lecture but no concert, and then he came back in 2007 for the Life Achievement Oscar and used the opportunity to give two concerts. Let's hope the same happens in 2016 then.

Thanks for the info! If you do hear of a concert in the US, definitely let us know right away  Smiley

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2015, 08:02:15 AM »

Ticket(s) bought, noodles?

Here is a seating plan for the Budapest Arena; I'm in the sector 006, not bad for 47 euros:

http://www.jegy.hu/program/ennio-morricone-60-ev-zene-vilagturne-61236/301464?lang=en

Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2015, 12:52:55 PM »

New concert dates:

21 march - Moscow

23 march - Helsinki (first performance in Finland)

https://www.facebook.com/maestroenniomorricone/events?key=events&ref=page_internal

Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2015, 09:24:26 AM »

New message from the Maestro -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-tacP0BKy4

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2015, 01:45:26 PM »

"More complex and challenging pieces"? Don't tell Drink, he just wants to hear the same simple melodies.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2015, 06:32:21 PM »

Unbelievable what sort of energy this guy has at 86. (I'm speaking of Morricone, not Jenkins).

You know dj, looks like Morricone will never come to America ... It's not out of the realm of possibility that I'd consider going to Europe for a concert. Between concert tix, plane and hotel, we're probably talking about $1,500 per person. A helluva lotta money for a concert. But if it can be part of a vacation .... And maybe a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see the Maestro .... Maybe maybe I should think about it. Maybe I can get a week off in July or somethin. Waddaya say?

Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2015, 02:10:42 PM »

For Noodles... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv4D78XF9-s

Milan NS
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2016, 12:20:24 PM »

Budapest Arena is sold out -- http://www.jegy.hu/program/ennio-morricone-60-ev-zene-vilagturne-61236/301464?lang=en

14 tickets left for Prague.

You da man, Ennio!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM