Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 02:33:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Remastered Fistful to be shown at Cannes Film Festival
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Remastered Fistful to be shown at Cannes Film Festival  (Read 8560 times)
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2014, 07:58:04 PM »

Crowd seemed to enjoy themselves. Big applause when movie was over. I didn't like how the movie looked but it is good to see a nice-sized crowd come for, and enjoy, a Leone movie

I am walking down 53rd street with DJ now, I am typing as he is speaking; here is his opinion: "The colors were awful, the lighting was wrong (and the sound in MoMA was way too loud), flesh tones really bad, kinda yellow and orange. The whole movie looked kinda green. I kept thinking of Tarantino's comment that it looked like a DVD, i can see what he is talking about; in fact, IMO it looked more like a VHS tape. This is the worst of all the recent Leone restorations. Crowd was into it, that's good to see, lotsa laughs. Ripley's BRD is still the way to go."

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 02:21:21 AM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2014, 06:59:42 AM »

Drink, I enjoyed our night out, even that crappy bar you dragged me to. I fell asleep on the train home, of course, but I was really glad I woke up in time for my stop. I could have ended up in CT.

Everybody, I found out that yesterday was Drink's birthday. And it was his 30th! So, what did this guy do to celebrate? He went to a Leone movie! In an actual cinema! Is he a true Leoneaste, or what?

Good on ya, mate. Afro

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2014, 12:33:15 PM »

Afro Afro Afro

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2014, 01:15:30 PM »

and DJ insisted (despite my protests) on buying all my drinks.

Good on ya  Afro

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2014, 02:31:07 AM »

Happy birthday, Drink (belated)

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2014, 04:17:29 PM »

Thanks Smiley

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2014, 09:49:58 AM »

Just watched the Ripley's BD again: although Eastwood is too florid at times, everything else about the image is admirable. The restoration they used for this disc was done in 2007. Everybody should have quit right there.

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2014, 12:08:34 PM »

So there was no new footage in this new restoration correct?

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2014, 03:15:19 PM »

Not that I detected. Drink?

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2014, 08:03:09 PM »

No, definitely not.
I left for about ten minutes in middle (from the Rojos' big "last supper" party until Silvanito gets beaten up at night in his cantina) but I didn't see any new footage. And I saw DJ snoozing for quite a while, so he missed some, too. I didn't wake him up cuz he wasn't missing much with the shitty color. Though I have no idea how he was able to sleep through such loud sound! That MoMA audio was BOOMING!

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2014, 07:52:52 PM »

No, definitely not.
I left for about ten minutes in middle (from the Rojos' big "last supper" party until Silvanito gets beaten up at night in his cantina) but I didn't see any new footage. And I saw DJ snoozing for quite a while, so he missed some, too. I didn't wake him up cuz he wasn't missing much with the shitty color. Though I have no idea how he was able to sleep through such loud sound! That MoMA audio was BOOMING!

So one of you left in the middle and one of you fell asleep Grin And you call yourselves Leone fans...  Cheesy

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2014, 08:24:58 PM »

So one of you left in the middle and one of you fell asleep Grin And you call yourselves Leone fans...  Cheesy

I always have to piss at least once during a movie. I drink way too much caffeine (not that I need it  Wink ) One of my goals when seeing a movie is not to have to leave to piss more than once. I succeeded with this one, though I stayed out a few extra minutes to live-blog the screening on the SLWB. Cuz I KNOW y'all couldn't wait to find out the colors  Wink And DJ falling asleep doesn't bother me he doesn't snore!

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM