Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 05:58:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Sergio Leone News (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  GET READY FOR YOUR JAW TO DROP....amazing new unseen footage...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GET READY FOR YOUR JAW TO DROP....amazing new unseen footage...  (Read 6028 times)
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2014, 06:22:46 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3X4H8WYFi4#t=14

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 06:49:34 AM »

cooooooooooooooooool

so we finally see (a brief clip from) the scene where we were supposed to find out where TMWNN gets his outfit  Smiley and how awesome is it to see Leone wearing a poncho similar to TMWNN's in the opening duel of FOD!

maybe they'll also include some of the other deleted scenes we have never seen before: the Baxters having dinner with the Rohos, Indio baptizing his gun in holy water, Indio's gang partying with girls... DARE I SAY IT, the Soccoro scene?.........

I can't read Italian, but will these deleted scenes be on the BRD of the new restoration that will be released sometime in the future, or are they on the new boxset of the Dollars trilogy that was just released?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 07:38:29 AM »

cooooooooooooooooool

so we finally see (a brief clip from) the scene where we were supposed to find out where TMWNN gets his outfit  Smiley and how awesome is it to see Leone wearing a poncho similar to TMWNN's in the opening duel of FOD!

maybe they'll also include some of the other deleted scenes we have never seen before: the Baxters having dinner with the Rohos, Indio baptizing his gun in holy water, Indio's gang partying with girls... DARE I SAY IT, the Soccoro scene?.........

I can't read Italian, but will these deleted scenes be on the BRD of the new restoration that will be released sometime in the future, or are they on the new boxset of the Dollars trilogy that was just released?

It's amazing to actually see things that have been rumored about for years (original fod opening) and then to see Leone in a prototype eastwood poncho on the set...well it just says so much about his enthusiasm! I'm theorizing that the poncho leone is wearing was the "model" or inspiration for the eastwood poncho. Or perhaps it was a "first draft" of the eastwood poncho.

Some of this footage (plus a lot more) was included on the fod ripleys Italian blu, some was included in another montage a few weeks ago (but only in low resolution), and then they've released this. All three montages have unique footage. It looks like the have ALL the unused footage from FOD which is pretty incredible considering it was a cheaply made "throwaway" western that's over 50 years old. None of this footage is included on the new trilogy released by MGM. Hopefully they will include the bulk of it on a future Italian blu ray- I don't read Italian either, so I'm not sure. Unfortunately there's no indication that outtakes from fafdm or gbu exist...but here's hoping that those were saved too...

Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 08:00:30 AM »

Very cool.  Afro

I was an honest farmer. Now I'm Lil Brutto!
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 08:09:11 AM »

It looks like it might even be sergio who gets dumped in the water at the beginning. Wouldn't that be ironic!

« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 11:12:32 AM by Jordan Krug » Logged
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 11:49:30 AM »

It looks like it might even be sergio who gets dumped in the water at the beginning. Wouldn't that be ironic!
That's how it looks to me, too. I'm wondering if this is actually a parody of the opening, not the actual opening.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 01:29:10 PM »

very cool  Afro

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 01:33:44 PM »

I think its Leone being kicked into the river as well. First time I thought it was a bit of horseplay but the camera pan to the poncho suggested a take or rehearsal of one. On the DVD commentary Frayling talks about the planned opening where Ray steals a man's poncho on the Rio Grande.
At the beginning of the clips it shows the title of FAFDM and GBU with dates this month. Are they more outakes to be posted or DVD release dates??

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 02:07:18 PM »

I think its Leone being kicked into the river as well. First time I thought it was a bit of horseplay but the camera pan to the poncho suggested a take or rehearsal of one. On the DVD commentary Frayling talks about the planned opening where Ray steals a man's poncho on the Rio Grande.
At the beginning of the clips it shows the title of FAFDM and GBU with dates this month. Are they more outakes to be posted or DVD release dates??

I think those dates are for its theatrical re-release in Italy, they are putting the trilogy in theatres this month.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 03:04:28 PM »

I think its Leone being kicked into the river as well. First time I thought it was a bit of horseplay but the camera pan to the poncho suggested a take or rehearsal of one.
That's how it seems to me, a rehearsal.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 03:27:01 PM »

Some of this footage (plus a lot more) was included on the fod ripleys Italian blu, some was included in another montage a few weeks ago (but only in low resolution), and then they've released this. All three montages have unique footage. It looks like the have ALL the unused footage from FOD which is pretty incredible considering it was a cheaply made "throwaway" western that's over 50 years old. None of this footage is included on the new trilogy released by MGM. Hopefully they will include the bulk of it on a future Italian blu ray- I don't read Italian either, so I'm not sure. Unfortunately there's no indication that outtakes from fafdm or gbu exist...but here's hoping that those were saved too...

I already own the FOD Ripley's BRD. Are you saying there was more footage in that disc itself, or that there were deleted scenes in the bonus features? (I never watched the bonus features, cuz those are PAL.)

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 04:15:22 PM »

There are outtakes and and the original Italian trailer (which itself is all outtakes/alternate takes) on the ripleys blu ray. Both are hd 24p so will play on any blu ray player. There are other features that are in pal that won't play but those 2 should play if you can find them in the menus.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 05:42:23 PM »

There are outtakes and and the original Italian trailer (which itself is all outtakes/alternate takes) on the ripleys blu ray. Both are hd 24p so will play on any blu ray player. There are other features that are in pal that won't play but those 2 should play if you can find them in the menus.

I never tried playing them cuz Beaver says they are in PAL, but yeah I guess it can't hurt to try.

BTW, is it possible Leone did a cameo and actually played that Mexican at the beginning of the movie? Frayling never said Leone played it, but it is quite possible Frayling never saw that scene; he has an early draft of the script that metions that scene, but he may have never actually seen the scene; wouldn't that be hilarious if Leone did that cameo and we never knew it all these years?  Grin

wind demon
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 08:20:27 PM »

Yeah
good to see Eastwood and Volonte laughing together

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 09:15:43 PM »

I never tried playing them cuz Beaver says they are in PAL, but yeah I guess it can't hurt to try.

BTW, is it possible Leone did a cameo and actually played that Mexican at the beginning of the movie? Frayling never said Leone played it, but it is quite possible Frayling never saw that scene; he has an early draft of the script that metions that scene, but he may have never actually seen the scene; wouldn't that be hilarious if Leone did that cameo and we never knew it all these years?  Grin

I think it's interesting that in the trailer they deliberately cut around it so you only get a glimpse of his face- perhaps they are saving this "reveal" for later? Remember leone had appeared in other films as an actor....I think given the low budget it's quite possible he pulled a Hitchcock. What strikes me about this scene is how "leone" it is - that comical brutality as he did so well.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM