Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 05:11:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Please help me identify where this frame is found in the film!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please help me identify where this frame is found in the film!  (Read 14420 times)
Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2014, 11:29:17 PM »

For the life of me I can't find it anywhere. I know it's the desert scene. Please help.

I was an honest farmer. Now I'm Lil Brutto!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 03:05:52 AM »

I checked through the whole desert scene, and it doesn't appear there. must be a deleted scene. Where'd ya find this frame?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 07:14:10 AM »

Looks like the bones of the last guy who double-crossed Tuco !!!!

Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 09:32:23 AM »

I checked through the whole desert scene, and it doesn't appear there. must be a deleted scene. Where'd ya find this frame?

It's included in an Italian 35MM print at the end of reel 3 and immediately precedes this scene:

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 12:11:43 PM »

If it is only one frame, then maybe the cutter made a mistake, and it is a leftover from an unused shot.

Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 12:21:50 PM »

If it is only one frame, then maybe the cutter made a mistake, and it is a leftover from an unused shot.

There are several frames in the pic I received:

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:34:45 PM by Lil Brutto » Logged

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 01:29:47 PM »

Who sent you these pics?

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 03:20:27 PM »

Who sent you these pics?

There's a group of us over at originaltrilogy.com who are in the process of acquiring a 1971 IB tech print of Il Buono Il Brutto Il Cattivo from a seller in Italy. IB tech prints are known to be fade proof and therefore reflects the actual timing during the film's original theatrical release. Once acquired, this print will be scanned at 4K and used to regrade the colours of the highly controversial MGM 4K BD that has a (piss) yellow/teal push that's a popular trend nowadays.

There's a small yet highly passionate and devoted group of us that strongly believe this film has been done a disservice by MGM for over a decade. We've decided to take matters into our own hands and invest our time and money into producing a PROPER home release that this film strongly deserves. If you wish to contribute to this endeavour I will be starting a new thread there very soon. We could use all the help we can get.

Here's a link to the current thread if you'd like to bring yourself up to speed:

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/The-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-4k-nightmare/topic/16690/

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 03:23:39 PM by Lil Brutto » Logged

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 05:12:33 PM »

Wow, if this print has shots not in the current known versions of the film....wouldn't that be the find of the year

Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2014, 09:13:43 PM »

Wow, if this print has shots not in the current known versions of the film....wouldn't that be the find of the year

Absolutely!

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 10:19:00 PM »

so you obviously don't like any of the three BRD's out there now (the MGM US, the Mondo, or the new yellow one).
But of the three, which do you like the best? Can you describe a little of what is best/worst about each?

also, what about the various DVD's? the original MGM DVD from 1997 (the 161-min. version) looks like it had no real restoration, plenty of damage - but if you think the restorers screwed up, then maybe the restoration is not a good thing, maybe you like that disc? Or the MGM Special Edition DVD, which had a restoration but definitely has lots more grain than the BRD? (I don't know anything about any of the European DVD's ... I currently own both MGM American DVD's, the MGM BRD, the Mondo BRD, and I'll buy the new piss-yellow BRD once it's released in solo version in October)

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 04:37:21 AM »

There's a group of us over at originaltrilogy.com who are in the process of acquiring a 1971 IB tech print of Il Buono Il Brutto Il Cattivo from a seller in Italy. IB tech prints are known to be fade proof and therefore reflects the actual timing during the film's original theatrical release. Once acquired, this print will be scanned at 4K and used to regrade the colours of the highly controversial MGM 4K BD that has a (piss) yellow/teal push that's a popular trend nowadays.

There's a small yet highly passionate and devoted group of us that strongly believe this film has been done a disservice by MGM for over a decade. We've decided to take matters into our own hands and invest our time and money into producing a PROPER home release that this film strongly deserves. If you wish to contribute to this endeavour I will be starting a new thread there very soon. We could use all the help we can get.

Here's a link to the current thread if you'd like to bring yourself up to speed:

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/The-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-4k-nightmare/topic/16690/

Great project my friend!  Afro
What kind of help are you looking for?

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Lil Brutto
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 12:02:42 PM »

Financial.

A member @ OT will scan it for free, which is a HUGE (on the order of thousands of dollars) savings.  This project would never happen otherwise. I will pay for the print ($1600) but we don't have the funds to cover the cost of shipping ($300) and 16-20TB of HDD space ($600?).

There are several members who are willing to donate money to this project but we still need more funds.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 11:14:58 AM by Lil Brutto » Logged

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 01:10:37 PM »

Why not wait for the next Italian Blu? Which surely will be a 4K remaster, and surely will appear in about 1 - 3  years.
What's wrong with the recent Italian Blu, apart from being taken from a 2K scan? Most people who are critical with the new MGM Blu are praising the Italian colors.

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 06:29:02 PM »

Financial.

poita @ OT will scan the print for free, which is a HUGE (on the order of thousands of dollars) savings.  This project would never happen without access to his scanner. I will pay for the print ($1600) but we don't have the funds to cover the cost of shipping ($300) and 16-20TB of HDD space ($600?).

There are several members who are willing to donate money to this project but we still need more funds.

I'm still willing to contribute...if it's possible that this has alternate shots we can't let it get away!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM