Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 04:28:11 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Web Site Announcements (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  ... And We're Back!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ... And We're Back!  (Read 12831 times)
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2014, 04:29:51 AM »

I see the site is finally working again ... wtf happened for the last week?

The only other time I remember something like this happening was on the day the restored OUATIA was shown at Cannes a couple of years ago. CJ speculated that perhaps it's cuz there was so much traffic to the site then cuz it was a big Leone news day.
Now the site gets screwed up immediately after the same movie shows at the NYFF - think it has something to do with that? Are our servers unable to handle too many visitors on a big Leone news day?

or does it have nothing to do with that at all?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 06:29:02 AM »

I see the site is finally working again ... wtf happened for the last week?

The only other time I remember something like this happening was on the day the restored OUATIA was shown at Cannes a couple of years ago. CJ speculated that perhaps it's cuz there was so much traffic to the site then cuz it was a big Leone news day.
Now the site gets screwed up immediately after the same movie shows at the NYFF - think it has something to do with that? Are our servers unable to handle too many visitors on a big Leone news day?

or does it have nothing to do with that at all?
Andrea was afraid of adverse coverage and pulled the plug until after the release of the new blu. Apparently the disc is selling well enough (Drink ordered one) so Andrea has allowed us back on.

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 07:53:17 AM »

a long time ago the Metallica message boards (where the name drinkanddestroy originated https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLBpLz5ELPI ) were hacked ... they had to start all over again. I didn't join the discussion there much after that, kinda lost interest.
I hope the SLWB is backed up properly and we won't lose all the forums if there is a hack attack

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 04:34:35 PM »

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Saturday nights with Groggy
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 04:01:40 AM »

I wonder if Cal is still running us?  Huh

http://www.clinteastwood.org/forums/index.php?topic=9492.msg209221#msg209221

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 11:10:03 AM »

why don't you send him a message and find out?

Personally, I think it would be good if he was no longer admin. From what i heard, it took him forever to reply to any messages... how about you try to get ahold of him and find out? Btw, does he own the site? Does Cenk Kiral?

I am sure the hosting fee isn't too much, if there are any issues there, I bet some of us - certainly myself - would be glad to help out on that front.

If we can have a normal administrator, who approves new members quickly and answers messages quickly, that would be awesome. How about you try to get ahold of him and let us know whats up  Smiley

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 09:15:50 AM »

Hmm, he probably would have let us know if otherwise... Right?! Huh

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 09:20:16 AM »

why don't you send him a message and find out?

Personally, I think it would be good if he was no longer admin. From what i heard, it took him forever to reply to any messages... how about you try to get ahold of him and find out? Btw, does he own the site? Does Cenk Kiral?

I am sure the hosting fee isn't too much, if there are any issues there, I bet some of us - certainly myself - would be glad to help out on that front.

If we can have a normal administrator, who approves new members quickly and answers messages quickly, that would be awesome. How about you try to get ahold of him and let us know whats up  Smiley

Slightly hasty, wouldn't you agree?

Anyways, a message wouldn't kill anyone... CJ? Smiley

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 11:47:27 PM »

holy shit there's clint eastwood forums? and they look exactly like these ones? do you guys post there?

And is D&D trying to start a campaign for him to become administrator?!!! I vote for Firecracker. RIP

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 02:15:46 AM »

You're just discovering the Clint Eastwood forums? We've discussed them here and there over the years. The biggest mystery is I don't know how come I never registered there.
Now if we're launching an admin campaign I vote for Tucumcary Bound. Or John Baldwin.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 03:11:22 AM »

I vote for you.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 03:29:20 AM »

I had a good joke but I couldn't remember your former nickname, so it's spoiled now. I'll just take the job. I am the admin now.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 03:32:21 AM »

That nick is forbidden history now.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 03:38:11 AM »

I had a good joke but I couldn't remember your former nickname, so it's spoiled now. I'll just take the job. I am the admin now.

It's a joke I would probably find funny. Seek help at once.

stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 06:18:49 AM »

Who or what is Cal btw?

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM