Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 08:52:04 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Web Site Announcements (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  ... And We're Back!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ... And We're Back!  (Read 12869 times)
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 06:37:56 AM »

Who or what is Cal btw?

A myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'Rat on your pop and Cal will get you.'

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 09:21:10 AM »

A myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'Rat on your pop and Cal will get you.'
Not the actual Keyser Söze, but an incredible simulation. And wasn't he also related to Rick Boyd?

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 11:17:03 AM »

He's related to most stuff. He's the one behind the dream theory and the whole scam about MNIN being directed by these "Valerii" guy (another of Cal's ridiculous nicknames: two "i"? Come on! You can do better!).

« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 11:18:56 AM by noodles_leone » Logged

www.ThibautOskian.com
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 12:32:47 PM »

He's related to most stuff. He's the one behind the dream theory and the whole scam about MNIN being directed by these "Valerii" guy (another of Cal's ridiculous nicknames: two "i"? Come on! You can do better!).
The "ii" is a stroke of genius. Not only is he signaling that he may have more than one identity, he's also demonstrating solidarity with Rastafarian skepticism of the cult of the individual (as in "The I and I are increasing. Babylon shall be overcome; Rasta.far.I")

That's what you get, Drink, for being such an annoying Melville fanboy.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2014, 10:10:26 AM »

Who or what is Cal btw?

Now that you've called him by name...

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2014, 09:34:13 PM »

I am not launching any "campaign" for myself for moderator. Just trying to make sure we get a moderator who is attentive.... I checked the Clint Eastwood forums a couple of times. They are awful, the damn moderators control so tightly. Every thread has strict parameters of what may or may not be discussed therein. And when the moderators decide a movie discussion is over, they close it so no further posts can be made. Like they occasionally used to have a "movie night" to watch a certain movie, and after a week they shut the thread from further discussion. F*** that. For some important movie like GBU, each element of the movie (eg. each performance, the editing, cinemataography) must be discussed in a separate thread the moderators create and control. I looked at that site maybe two or three times in my life. Never will do so again and never will register. Its a bunch of prison guards who run those boards. If they are reading this: i hope you and your mom get venereal disease at the same time. And your sister, too.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2014, 01:26:33 AM »

You convinced me I vote for you.

www.ThibautOskian.com
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2014, 06:30:15 AM »

Total non sequitir: When the wild party animal known as Babe Ruth wanted to manage the Yankees, the boss famously said, "How can you manage the team when you can't even manage yourself?"
Total non sequitir

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2014, 08:21:05 AM »

Important correction I need to make: When i mentioned previously that the SLWB should have a moderator who is attentive, I meant to say ADMINISTRATOR, not moderator. Needless to say, the SLWB has the greatest, most attentive and dedicated moderators of any message board in the world Smiley
And my criticism of the Eastwood Forum was about how the Moderators run it like a police state witrh everything so controlled as i mentioned above - I have no idea what the Administration of the Eastwood forum is like, since i've nothing to do with that board except checking it out a few brief times.

RE: the Administration of the SLWB, all I know is that when our moderators try to contact the Administration, it sometimes takes forever for the Admin. to respond. And it sometimes takes forever for new members to get approved here on the SLWB.
Anyway, if any of you are masochistic enough to subject yourself to the prison wardens on the Eastwood Forum, enjoy.

But my point is (and I have reasonable reason to suspect that I am not the only one here at the SLWB who feels this way  Grin ), that it would be good if we had an Administrator who got stuff done quickly here at the SLWB. I have no idea if Cal is still here or not, all I know is, I think it would be good if CJ and/or another one of our moderators was given Administrative capabilities.

Now, most important thing is this: I have reasonable reason to suspect that if anyone here is technologically capable and interested in helping out with approving new members and distinguishing legitimate new members from spammers, their services would be appreciated and they should send a PM to Cigar Joe. That is one of the main issues for an aministrator/moderator.: being able to quickly approve new members and being able to weed out the bad guys, who are trying to post ads or do other cyber mischief, and ban them permanently. If anyone can help, please PM CJ. Someone is needed to assist with that. whoever can do that, that would be appreciated, pm cigar joe. Thanx Smiley

« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 05:26:00 PM by drinkanddestroy » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM