Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 03:37:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Sabata (1969)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sabata (1969)  (Read 21933 times)
Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2005, 10:16:04 AM »

Thanks gents, for me the madder a film the better!! apart from the dollars trilogy, i loved Django kill, companeros like i say the madder the better!
Well, Indio, if ya want mad, indeed insane, check out two LVC flicks, BAD MAN'S RIVER and the immortal CAPTAIN APACHE (this one has the added bonus of LVC singing the main title song!) I strongly recommend a high dosage of alcohol to be consumed before, during and after the screening(s). Life will never be the sane again.....oops sorry.....same again! Now, where did I put my CAPTAIN APACHE soundtrack....? Time fer' a drink me think!  Wink

« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 10:29:52 AM by Belkin » Logged

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2005, 10:53:40 AM »

TELL ME MORE....

That could just be cannon fire.
spag fan
Bandido

It don't matter what I say, I'll dub it later.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »

You can get Capt. Apache & Bad Man's River, under different titles, on Brentwoods 10-Movie Tales of The Gun.

Here you go:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008OM7A/qid=1112904700/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl74/104-5225763-3635109?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

Also includes Corbucci's excellent Hellbenders, Telly Savalas in Pancho Villa (amusing), as well as the awful Town Called Hell/ aka Town Called Bastard.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 02:06:35 PM by spag fan » Logged
indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2005, 01:53:52 AM »

apart from Leone's films, when it comes to the spag. westerns i just like the creative ideas, such as in django kill when the liquid gold pours over the guy, or in django when hes dragging a coffin, and don't even get me started about jack palance in companeros or the mercenary, in my name is nobody when he shots the dwarf's stilts. that kinda stuff.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2005, 04:50:54 AM »

I just wish they would have drawn it out timewise, it would be the equivalent of all Hollywood production companies making westerns, the talent and imagination well would go dry quickly.

If it had drawn out some of the imaginative ideas might have been used in more classic enduring westerns rather than in a lot of B- & C movies

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Marco Leone
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2005, 08:09:09 AM »

Ha, Indio, if you like the weird stuff you should check out Get Mean.  I watched it the otherday - completely insane - with Tony Anthony's Stranger battling it SW stylee in a barbarian infested Spain.  Strange!

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/spaghettiwesterns My Euro Western Website - (includes Reviews, Actor information and Spaghetti Western Generator)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2005, 01:32:26 PM »

(the Italian R2 releases had interviews with the director, which are reportedly a hoot to watch, because he's very energetic and talkative and has fond memories of everyone involved.)

comfirm.

I like the 3 movies, quite repetitive but fun to watch nonetheless.

indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2005, 12:39:21 PM »

No word on missing scenes (US releases of all three movies were cut: Sabata lost part of Linda Veras's bath scene

WHAT!!!! someone needs to find this, she's one hot moma.

Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2005, 08:58:11 AM »

Shobary's review of Return of Sabata mentions Van Cleef juggling!!! I have the UK Warner Home Video and i recently got hold of a copy of the Japanese Stingray dvd,neither of which contain this strange occurence.Can anyone shed any light on what dvd/vhs issues have this scene?

indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2005, 11:19:09 AM »

i like the sound of that. it sounds a bit mad. altogether now ... ' nine fingered man...sabata'.

indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2005, 12:03:40 AM »

well i'm happy to get them on dvd. my copy of death rides a horse is bad so i hope they are nicely restored.

Tim
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2005, 10:07:36 PM »

In the forum at dvdanswers.com, one of the posters was excited to see a western starring both LVC and Yul Brynner.  I guess he hasn't seen any of the sabata movies.

Someone did correct him.  Better now than later.

Anyone know if they will sell the movies separately or just as part of a three-pack? 

indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2005, 01:14:43 AM »

Tim... they came out this week my friend take a look.
no extras but the picture is fantastic.
http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=sr&page=title&r=R2&title=628911
http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=sr&page=title&r=R2&title=628907

death rides a horse is also out. i got them and i'm one happy boy!

indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2005, 10:49:36 AM »

i've seen death rides before but my video picture was not good. sabata was great, just good fun, not too serious a great romp. i really liked berger in it. the mans got such a great face. Van Cleef was great but he always is.
return of sabata wasn't as good its at the wrong end of the spag westerns time, but i liked it cause it wasn't serious.

Tim
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2005, 11:04:14 AM »

indio, are you in the UK?  I live in chicago so the release date isn't for about a month.  I've been saving up for a region free dvd player but that whole college thing gets in the way. 

Either way, thanks for the heads up.  Looking forward to seeing at least two of the movies on dvd.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM