Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 03:04:33 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Sabata (1969)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sabata (1969)  (Read 21927 times)
indio
Gunslinger

just a son of a bitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2005, 12:18:16 AM »

yes Tim i live in the UK. sorry i didn't know the dvds were not out in US yet.

That could just be cannon fire.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2005, 10:58:56 PM »

Just in case anyone hasn't heard.........

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
Leone Admirer
Bounty Killer

Filmmaker with a fiery passion for films

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2005, 03:19:59 PM »

I've bought the R2 MGM's of Sabata and the Return of Sabata. I presume the R1's will use the same transfers and if so, they are rather good.

Films: You cant just love them, you've gotta adore them!
HEX
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2005, 12:45:34 PM »

less then a week left for these SW gems(except for return. which isnt horrible) to arrive on dvd in there boxed set glory.
as far as iam conscerned i dont think there are any special features of any kind Embarrassed.
but its 30 bucks or so which is not a bad price.

if anyone has heard of anything more about this set that i did not say, please inform me here.

Cat Stevens
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2005, 09:08:19 AM »

I would have loved for there to have been some nice extras with this set, but I'll at least be happy with the 2.35:1 anamorphic transfer.  Smiley

HEX
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2005, 12:10:19 PM »

thanks CAT. u answered a question thats been boggling my mind for awhile.

that there are no extra features. oh well Undecided

HEX
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2005, 10:14:16 AM »

wally world? is this some dvd website i dont know about?

the only wally world i know of is the spoof of dineyland in the film VACATION with chevy chase.

boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2005, 10:55:56 AM »

Best price I've seen so far........$22.49 at Deep Discount DVD........w/ free shipping. Good company...I've ordered from them before.

http://search.deepdiscountdvd.com/search?p=Q&ts=custom&w=sabata

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
HEX
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2005, 03:17:28 PM »

thanks for fixin the mix-up.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2005, 07:13:16 AM »

Well saw this out in the mall yesterday. I saw Sabata on the big screen wasn't that impressed back then, sort of like a Wild Wild West, now $30 is too steep for me to plunk down to just get the one film out of the set, now if they made them seperate I'd buy the Sabata.

MGM you lost a sale from me with this stupid bundling idea.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Banjo
Bounty Killer

Don't you like music with your supper?

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2005, 07:31:17 AM »

Hey Cigar Joe,you should check out  Ebay every now and again where i got the whole trilogy from a regular UK seller for just 5.As you know the original is the best but Adios Sabata isn't far behind with a great Bruno Nicolai soundtrack.The often derided Return of Sabata is a bit of a mess but the basic storyline is OK and i've seen LVC in much worse films!!!

Tim
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2005, 04:52:43 PM »

I would have preferred if MGM sold these three films separately too.  I like Sabata and Adios, Sabata but have heard some negative reviews about the Return of Sabata so I'm skeptical about buying the set.

At this point, I'll wait a couple months and see if the price plummets even farther to around $20 for all three.  Then, maybe I'll pick them up.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2005, 06:16:23 PM »

I can wait on this one too.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
HEX
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2005, 06:10:33 PM »

sorry for the cliche title. Grin

i just noticed something in RETURN OF SABATA, the sidekick of VAN CLEEFS makes reference to SABATA'S past as being in the confederacy(the south), while in the first movie SABATA clearly fought for the north

NOTE

blue union attire.
BANJO also says to SABATA that he(banjo) "was in the side of the south and u(SABATA) for the north."

so what i am asking is.... is VAN CLEEF the same character in SABATA and its sequel? or is it a different SABATA with the same name?

very confusing?HuhHuh? Huh Huh Huh

unless he pulled a RINGO and was fighting in the south but then since they were hurting went on to the north.

actually that was RINGO'S father who did that sorry(and sorry for those who have not seen PISTOL FOR RINGO u probably have no idea what i am talking about)

"never stick with a loser" RINGO'S father used to tell him..."its a matter of principle"

boardwalk_angel
Bounty Killer

Do you think I'm just..anyone? DO you?

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2005, 07:40:53 PM »

I got a different impression. During Sabata's first encounter with Carrincha, who was babbling on about fighting for the South at the Battle of Richmond...after he flipped him a coin..Carrincha says.."Ah..you understand". I took that to imply that Sabata also fought for the South.
As for Banjo's comment.. ...I took it to mean that Sabata had gone North..while Banjo had gone South..geographically speaking, either after their last encounter..or after the war.
That's how I understood it.

"'Don't take any chances you don't have to, don't trust anybody you don't have to trust and don't do no favors you don't have to do"- Ace Hanna
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM