Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 05, 2021, 01:19:04 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Post your rating system here
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 [3]
: Post your rating system here  ( 7819 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #30 : November 22, 2017, 06:35:38 AM »

Reviving this topic also to coincide with a debate that may arise from my ratings of Meek's Cutoff, The Homesman, and the remake of The Magnificent Seven.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #31 : November 22, 2017, 08:38:45 AM »

CJ, you have to make a whole new thread for your noir ratings. By your standards, any noir less than 10/10 is shit. Hell, even many 10/10’s are shit  ;)

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Jessica Rabbit
Gunslinger

« #32 : November 22, 2017, 09:05:25 AM »

CJ, I saw the discussions about Meek's Cutoff, The Homesman and the new Magnificent Seven which just reinforces my believe that a ratings system is completely arbitrary. I really like Jill's interpretation of it though.

Jessica Rabbit
"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way."
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #33 : November 22, 2017, 11:52:31 AM »

CJ, I saw the discussions about Meek's Cutoff, The Homesman and the new Magnificent Seven which just reinforces my believe that a ratings system is completely arbitrary. I really like Jill's interpretation of it though.

Yes it's interesting to see how others grade things.

Sure a lot has to do with your personal preferences and tastes, ratings are a good barometer for others, if you've written a lot of reviews and people read them, they will get a feel for how you look at a film, and if they find themselves agreeing with you a lot, then that rating will give them a good idea whether or not they will go and seek it out on Youtube or rent it, or if that option is not available actually purchase a film, knowing that you won't get burned.

It's more helpful I guess to a readership, but wouldn't matter much to the casual reader.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #34 : November 22, 2017, 11:55:47 AM »

CJ, you have to make a whole new thread for your noir ratings. By your standards, any noir less than 10/10 is shit. Hell, even many 10/10’s are shit  ;)

You exaggerate muchly. I don't even bother with anything below a 5/10.  8)

Moorman

« #35 : November 22, 2017, 02:45:36 PM »

I came up with my own system for movies in my inventory. I might just start using it here.  My system is as follows:

I rate a movie 1-10.  I have five categories.  In each category, a movie can get either 0 points, .5 point (half point),1 point or 2 points, a example:

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Cinematography- 2 points

Musical Score- 2 points

Acting- 2 points

Directing- 1.5 point

Plot- 1 point

Total- 8.5 points

« : November 22, 2017, 02:48:45 PM Moorman »
: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM