Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 09:49:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Anyone got the original Italian FAFDM script?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone got the original Italian FAFDM script?  (Read 11581 times)
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 06:57:02 PM »

For completists sake here's the other two avail on dvd...

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 08:31:54 PM »

Thanks, nice work! The shooting of the 3 was clearly shot twice. Once my GBU book is out, you will have all links to sources. There are at least 350 + 50  b&w stills (from 6 x 6 cm negatives) from FAFDD, alot of which are from deleted scenes. Only a moderate number are behind-the-scenes stills.

I was contemplating making a book about FAFDM in the future, but with much less research, i.e. without extensive interviews, sourcing material etc. It would be nice to document FAFDM in a book, e.g. translated original script, 200+ stills, shooting locations, deleted scenes, posters etc. First, I will need to get the behind-the-scenes GBU book printed/bound - I got the first quotation today.

Best,
Peter

Well Peter, that sounds amazing. I hope that you will do that and if I can help in any way let me know. Frayling shows photocopies of the original shooting script for FAFDM on the MGM blu ray extra where he shows off his collection, so he definitely has a copy (there are even shots of pages of it in that). Tell him you're doing a book, ask him to write the forward and see if he'll share! If you want to see this extra P.M. me.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:19:46 AM by Jordan Krug » Logged
Clinton
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 12:08:33 AM »

Well Peter, that sounds amazing. I hope that you will do that and if I can help in any way let me know. Frayling shows photocopies of the original shooting script for FAFDM on the MGM blu ray extra where he shows off his collection, so he definitely has a copy (there are even shots of pages of it in that). Tell him you're doing a book, ask him to write the forward and see if he'll share! If you want to see this extra P.M. me.

Thanks for the suggestions/offer. I think that Christopher Frayling has Carlo Simi's original copy of one of the FAFDM script. First, I need to get the first book printed . . .

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 07:17:48 AM »

Frayling has an early copy of an FOD script. He shows it on the MGM BRD bonus features

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 11:59:12 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions/offer. I think that Christopher Frayling has Carlo Simi's original copy of one of the FAFDM script. First, I need to get the first book printed . . .

In the extra feature he says he got the fafdm script from Fulvio Morsella. (Leone's wife's brother in-law).

Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2014, 03:44:59 AM »

This must be the stilll that Clinton mentions. I think its on a International Lobby Card too? This is only low res but it looks like there's some children in white at the back of the procession.

Clinton
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2014, 04:53:19 AM »

This must be the stilll that Clinton mentions. I think its on a International Lobby Card too? This is only low res but it looks like there's some children in white at the back of the procession.

Yeh, that's the scene. I have seen a series of medium format stills showing this scene (funeral procession) - one shot from the perspective of the SALOON and the other 7 similar to the still you posted. The still you posted is probably a colorized still (?) since the 8 stills I'm referring to are all black & white negatives/stills. Your still appears to belong to the same series. First, the Colonel is holding his horse while the procession approaches, then he walks with his horse towards the SALOON. The person driving the coffin wagon is wearing a top hat, and there are some children in light clothing (presumably white) accompanying the mourning adults. Someone must have been around with a medium format camera and taken a lot of shots at Hoyo de Manzanares (Madrid). Maybe they used some color film, but I think that the still is colorized, typical in those days.

There is also a series of stills showing the Colonel in the hotel/saloon and Guy Callaway jumping from the SALOON belcony etc.

Clinton
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2014, 01:38:41 AM »

I just confirmed that the negatives of the medium format (6 x 6 cm) FDM stills are all black & white, and the image you posted definitely belongs to the series. BUT it certainly looks like color film! Is it possibly to see part of the image in higher resolution?
Most of the 6x6 FDM negatives appear to be TRI X PAN [I think Kodak] film. The funeral procession ones appear to be labeled GAVAERT - which implies Agfa-Gavaert.

Le Bon
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2014, 02:46:39 AM »

I found it on the web, its not a still I have i'm afraid. I'll see if I can find the source. I think I have seen it on a lobby card or photobusta...something like that. I have been searching but had no luck yet.

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 09:19:36 PM »

Same seller is trying to sell the unique hotel wife still again with a couple more I haven't seen. Anyone want to spend $800 for 4 black and white stills?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=351283055854

Le Bon
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 03:06:54 AM »

The still of Mortimer with the lady in the bath turns up now and again but I haven't seen any other hotel ones.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 03:07:10 AM by Le Bon » Logged
Le Bon
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2015, 03:26:01 AM »

I found a copy of a combined continuity script on a auction site. Its dated Oct 66, in English. There's a couple of pages scanned but too small too read apart from the cover. I guess this isn't going to be the original script from the date?

Le Bon
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2015, 10:21:31 AM »

Here's the lobby card I mentioned earlier in the thread. I thought I was imagining it as I couldn't find it for a long time.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 10:24:49 AM by Le Bon » Logged
mike siegel
Bounty Killer

Call me Kowalski, like the guy in Vanishing Point

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2016, 04:18:22 AM »

That is an interesting card. The German 1981 re-release set includes 16 cards re-printed from the 1965 set (of 24 cards) PLUS this one! Although it is a set of 16, not 17. I got mine when I decorated the film in our local cinema 35 years ago...

New Sam Peckinpah forum online!  www.earnedinblood.com
Le Bon
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2016, 07:01:53 AM »

So officially 16 but one more was printed. I presume it is hard to find.  The one I posted found on the web.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM