Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 11:26:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  For a Few Dollars More (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Anyone got the original Italian FAFDM script?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone got the original Italian FAFDM script?  (Read 11480 times)
Clinton
Bandido

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2014, 10:40:37 AM »

Has anyone got a hardcopy (or digitized copy) of the original Italian script for For a Few Dollars More (Per qualche dollaro in piu)? Best would be a translated copy.

I am especially interested in deleted scenes since I have seen a lot of stills from scenes absent in the film, e.g. when Colonel Mortimer arrives at the town of Tucumcari (shot at Hoyo de Manzanares) to track down Guy Callaway, there is a long funeral procession led by two horses pulling a coffin wagon.

All the best,
Peter

Le Bon
Gunslinger

You'd better be Bill Carson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 04:39:38 PM »

I haven't seen a funeral procession still. Was it in the town or by the station?

Clinton
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 01:47:51 AM »

I haven't seen a funeral procession still. Was it in the town or by the station?

Colonel Mortimer, holding his horse with his right hand and his leather bag with the other, is standing about 50 m in front of the SALOON building (Rojos's residence in FOD), and a funeral procession is moving diagonally across his view (towards him, but from right to left).

There must be quite a few scenes described in the script which were shot, but deleted, e.g. a guy at the river location Aldea de Fresno (from FOD) getting shot off his horse, Manco in bed with the landlady, members of El Indio's gang resting in the shade of a tree, the gang climbing up onto the roof of El Cortijo del Fraile, El Indio and others with young women etc.

The original script would be very helpful.

Le Bon
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 03:56:38 AM »

Very interesting. Yes it seems there were quite a few scenes shot but then deleted. The river scene was refilmed. Its the one where Manco kills 3 of Indio' gang. There's a few shots on the net of the landlady scene that show Manco in hotel room holding his gun. Maybe the scene is similar to the hotel one in GBU where he hears footsteps outside his room only this time its more friendly  Wink
There's a colour shot of him outside the hotel taking aim. There's a broken down wagon next to him which isn't clearly shown on screen.
Lets hope someone has a script.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 04:05:30 AM »

Frayling also says that there is a scene (or perhaps multiple scenes?) where Indio "baptizes" his gun in "holy water" before shooting someone. I believe Frayling says this was actually filmed; I'm not certain if it was deleted because Leone just decided not to delete it, or if it was deleted at the insistence of censors cuz it made Indio seem too evil

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Clinton
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 07:24:01 AM »

Very interesting. Yes it seems there were quite a few scenes shot but then deleted. The river scene was refilmed. Its the one where Manco kills 3 of Indio' gang. There's a few shots on the net of the landlady scene that show Manco in hotel room holding his gun. Maybe the scene is similar to the hotel one in GBU where he hears footsteps outside his room only this time its more friendly  Wink
There's a colour shot of him outside the hotel taking aim. There's a broken down wagon next to him which isn't clearly shown on screen.
Lets hope someone has a script.

You are right. I remember now the discussions that Manco killing 3 in Tabernas was probably a redo of the river scene - has this been confirmed?

In relation to the SALOON in which Col. Mortimer enters, you are right, there is a wagon wheel placed against a pillar of the saloon building, and, on the right, there is a wagon tilted to one side - presumably the lone wheel belongs to this wagon.

I included a couple of stills of Manco with the landlady in the deleted scenes chapter of my GBU book (completed; currently getting quotes for printing/binding) - in one still, he is standing beside the bed and rubbing his chin, and, in the other one, he is in bed and loosening her brassiere - lazily pulling on a thread.

Best,
Peter

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 09:21:37 AM »

Yes I proved the reshoot of the river scene by showing a reverse angle production photo of manco and the 3 men on the ground by the river, each of them is wearing the same costume as the 3 men in the campfire version. Unfortunately the stills in the thread went offline but I can try to find them on my computer if you want to see them.

You are right. I remember now the discussions that Manco killing 3 in Tabernas was probably a redo of the river scene - has this been confirmed?

In relation to the SALOON in which Col. Mortimer enters, you are right, there is a wagon wheel placed against a pillar of the saloon building, and, on the right, there is a wagon tilted to one side - presumably the lone wheel belongs to this wagon.

I included a couple of stills of Manco with the landlady in the deleted scenes chapter of my GBU book (completed; currently getting quotes for printing/binding) - in one still, he is standing beside the bed and rubbing his chin, and, in the other one, he is in bed and loosening her brassiere - lazily pulling on a thread.

Best,
Peter

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 09:43:19 AM »

This photo from the landlady scene also showed up on ebay recently (original photo with photographers stamp on the back) it's the only time I've ever seen this shot (not on dvd etc). The seller wanted like $500! The deleted stills from the dvd are featured here (I have a few others from these scenes in my own collection) http://spaghettiwesterns.1g.fi/pics.htm

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:49:27 AM by Jordan Krug » Logged
Clinton
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 11:05:30 AM »

This photo from the landlady scene also showed up on ebay recently (original photo with photographers stamp on the back) it's the only time I've ever seen this shot (not on dvd etc). The seller wanted like $500! The deleted stills from the dvd are featured here (I have a few others from these scenes in my own collection) http://spaghettiwesterns.1g.fi/pics.htm

This is a cropped version of a medium format still (6 x 6 cm negative). There is a series of over 20 "6 x 6" cm negatives showing Manco and the landlady in the bedroom ($500 is ridiculously high for the print you posted). In my GBU book, I show all the sources in the legends of the images.

It would be interesting to see the still showing the 3 dead at the river.

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 07:26:33 AM »

This is a cropped version of a medium format still (6 x 6 cm negative). There is a series of over 20 "6 x 6" cm negatives showing Manco and the landlady in the bedroom ($500 is ridiculously high for the print you posted). In my GBU book, I show all the sources in the legends of the images.

It would be interesting to see the still showing the 3 dead at the river.

Here is the still I'm referring to and the image that shows the same clothing on the 3 bandits as in the campfire scene.

Wow, and there are that many images for the deleted landlady scene? Can copies be obtained? Thanks for sharing the info.

Le Bon
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 10:02:20 AM »

Here's the four images I found on the web. Although Maria Krup is only in one I think its safe to say the other 3 are from the same scene. As I said it probably plays out with Manco hearing footsteps outside his room and draws his gun expecting danger whereupon Miss Krup enters....

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 10:59:55 AM »

Whoa these are great lebon! Here is the link to the page, I wonder if copies can be purchased for a reasonable price...

http://www.picturepress.de/?88491200134057662900

I have another photo from this scene that I didn't realize was from this till now- I'll post it later- thanks!

Clinton
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 12:04:43 PM »

Here is the still I'm referring to and the image that shows the same clothing on the 3 bandits as in the campfire scene.

Wow, and there are that many images for the deleted landlady scene? Can copies be obtained? Thanks for sharing the info.

Thanks, nice work! The shooting of the 3 was clearly shot twice. Once my GBU book is out, you will have all links to sources. There are at least 350 + 50  b&w stills (from 6 x 6 cm negatives) from FAFDD, alot of which are from deleted scenes. Only a moderate number are behind-the-scenes stills.

I was contemplating making a book about FAFDM in the future, but with much less research, i.e. without extensive interviews, sourcing material etc. It would be nice to document FAFDM in a book, e.g. translated original script, 200+ stills, shooting locations, deleted scenes, posters etc. First, I will need to get the behind-the-scenes GBU book printed/bound - I got the first quotation today.

Best,
Peter

Le Bon
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 04:44:01 PM »

Whoa these are great lebon! Here is the link to the page, I wonder if copies can be purchased for a reasonable price...

http://www.picturepress.de/?88491200134057662900

I have another photo from this scene that I didn't realize was from this till now- I'll post it later- thanks!

I have that other photo from this scene as well and when I found these I realised where it came from.
I think prints from the picturepress  would be pricey.

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 06:40:53 PM »

I have that other photo from this scene as well and when I found these I realised where it came from.
I think prints from the picturepress  would be pricey.

Yeah, they're in business with publishers, not collectors but maybe Clinton could twist their arm if he's working on a book.

Here are 4 more images from that scene (including the one we are talking about Le Bon - first image) I have all of these in high res (although the 3rd one is scanned from a book) These plus the ones featured on the dvd, plus the ones you posted today Le Bon I think are the only ones "out there" as far as I know.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 06:52:45 PM by Jordan Krug » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM