Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 02:41:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  O'Rourke of the Royal Mounted aka Saskatchewan (1954)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: O'Rourke of the Royal Mounted aka Saskatchewan (1954)  (Read 1322 times)
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2014, 12:23:13 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047449/

Pretty simple Canadian Western story from Walsh and Ladd, without too many questions or explanations. Not very original or enthusiastic in any regard, and (despite some turquise blue in the background) not visually captivating either. Perhaps some of the action was slightly better than mediocre, but at that point I didn't really care anymore. With a knot in the end.

5/10

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 12:43:58 PM »

A 100% mediocre Injun western, set (and shot) in Canada. Rather forgettable in every aspect. 2/10

I just read that Walsh had the same opinion. Weak story and screenplay, but he liked the Canadian landscapes, and tried to capture their whole beauty. Otherwise it was an "everything went wrong" movie for him.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 01:18:49 PM »

Well at least I hope he enjoyed the outdoors, cause sure looks like he didn't bother much to capture it on screen. CJ would not approve! Sad

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:20:44 PM by Dust Devil » Logged

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 01:44:17 PM »

The Canadian landscape looked spectacular, the only thing which was spectacular, apart maybe from the spectacular bad last scene of the flic.

Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 01:51:32 PM »

The landscapes are spectacular by their own nature. He didn't play much with 'em. No horse chases, no sundowns, no snow, no rivers flowing, no campfires by the river, no people going to the vicinity of the forest, no nothing. Just having them partially in the background doesn't amuse me at all - it pisses me off. Smiley

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 02:52:53 AM »

Well at least I hope he enjoyed the outdoors, cause sure looks like he didn't bother much to capture it on screen. CJ would not approve! Sad

never see it.  Cry

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 05:13:26 AM »

The landscapes are spectacular by their own nature. He didn't play much with 'em.

That's true.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM