Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2018, 12:01:46 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Knight of Cups (2015)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Knight of Cups (2015)  ( 891 )
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« : December 15, 2014, 08:34:39 PM »

Terrence Malick's new movie. Christian Bale. Cate Blanchette. Natalie Portman.

Great cast, not so sure how I feel about the trailer though. Lost a lot of faith in Malick with To the Wonder (not BAD, certainly not up to par with most of his other work) and this looks like more of the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC-3rnv_b3o

It probably looks a bit better than To the Wonder. Second half of a trailer gets a bit too Malicky for my tastes, as much as I respect him as a filmmaker.

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

« #1 : December 15, 2014, 11:33:51 PM »

Second half of a trailer gets a bit too Malicky for my tastes, as much as I respect him as a filmmaker.
My thoughts exactly. The new urban setting is something he hasn't tried before and will probably get a lot out of it, but when I saw the seashores and the people playing under white sheets I almost laughed. I guess I'll probably go see it anyway. If anyone is crazy enough to distribute it in Finland.

Say what you want, but I found the GoPro stuff in the trailer very interesting. Seems like the second film ever where they actually found an expressive way to use them.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
PowerRR
Bounty Killer

« #2 : December 16, 2014, 08:56:40 AM »

but when I saw the seashores and the people playing under white sheets I almost laughed.

I did laugh and muttered "fuck you Malick", especially once the typical philosophical love monologue starts coming in

I bet this will be straight to the web, just as To the Wonder was. So unless you want to see it in theater it'll be available everywhere right away.

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

« #3 : December 16, 2014, 09:17:09 AM »

Actually I just read that it's gonna hit the theaters over here in the late spring. Big screen seems like the only real way to watch this.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines