Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 10:20:30 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  RIP Louis Jourdan, 1921-2015
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP Louis Jourdan, 1921-2015  (Read 401 times)
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2015, 11:47:41 PM »

We're more than a month late on this one:

I just saw Madame Bovary (1949) and did some reading about it online; turns out that Louis Jourdan just died, on Feb. 14, 2015, at the age of 93, at his home in Beverly Hills. He is one of those actors whom I never knew was still alive until I heard he was dead (hey, that sounds like a Yogi Berra line?)

To quote wikipedia, Jourdan "was known for his suave roles in several Hollywood films, including The Paradine Case (1947), Letter from an Unknown Woman (1948), Gigi (1958), The Best of Everything (1959), The V.I.P.s (1963) and Octopussy (1983)."

My memory of him is for Letter from an Unknown Woman, a film that I like very much.

I did not like Madame Bovary, primarily because of what an awful actress Jennifer Jones is. Jourdan was good in the movie.

Rest in Peace

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 10:09:25 AM »

My memory of him is for Letter from an Unknown Woman, a film that I like very much.
My memory of him is for the Columbo episode where he plays a murdering chef who gets rid of a colleague by injecting poison into a wine bottle through the cork. I always thought that was a clever homicide.

That's what you get, Drink, for getting out of bed this morning.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 11:44:31 AM »

My memory of him is for the Columbo episode where he plays a murdering chef who gets rid of a colleague by injecting poison into a wine bottle through the cork. I always thought that was a clever homicide.

I'll keep that in mind, in case I ever need to carry out the perfect murder

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM