Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 10:28:01 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Split Screen trailer?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Split Screen trailer?  (Read 7806 times)
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2015, 06:50:39 PM »

Came across this curious quote in one of the old threads here in reference to one of the DVD releases (the deluxe edition dvd set but not the American version as it doesn't have this trailer). I believe the person who posted this message is from Italy or France? (the user hasn't been active since 2004)

"2  In a bonus there is a trailer , a three-screen one, where Jill talks to Frank and says "I'm coming to met a bandit who get many money" or something like that ... Its a missing scene,.I never saw it before."

Does anyone know what country included this trailer on their DVD set? I've never seen it and if you try to search for a Once Upon a time in the West trailer, it's always the same one with the "coming from paramount" beginning...it does have a couple split screens but none where Jill talks. Anyone have a dvd with this trailer included?

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 08:09:08 AM »

No split screen in this one but I think that's what you're talking about:

http://youtu.be/vdA_M8wvRlY

It's the trailer for the first OUATITW DVD, that was included as an hidden Easter egg in some editions. It's on my French DVD (in order to see it, you have to select the title of the film in the main menu, I think).

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:14:10 AM by noodles_leone » Logged

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 12:27:47 PM »

Pfff ... strange trailer ... big lie ... nice approach ...

Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 12:33:04 PM »

No split screen in this one but I think that's what you're talking about:

http://youtu.be/vdA_M8wvRlY

It's the trailer for the first OUATITW DVD, that was included as an hidden Easter egg in some editions. It's on my French DVD (in order to see it, you have to select the title of the film in the main menu, I think).

Ah yes, she does say something like that in the trailer there. Wonder why the original poster thought it was a deleted scene. Ah well, thanks for clarifying!

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 03:18:34 PM »

Pfff ... strange trailer ... big lie ... nice approach ...

Haha at the time I thought the trailer was pretty funny. The slowmotion/accelerating, the rock music... The trailer for Kill Bill 2 had exactly the same effects. Yes, it's a lie, but in a way, a cool one.
Also, it was done years ago. We had not seen thousands of YouTube remixes of our favorite movies on Metallica songs.

Ah yes, she does say something like that in the trailer there. Wonder why the original poster thought it was a deleted scene. Ah well, thanks for clarifying!

The guy also thought there were split screens so he's a weird one.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:20:43 PM by noodles_leone » Logged

www.ThibautOskian.com
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 05:02:12 PM »

I always liked it.

Saturday nights with Groggy
stanton
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 12:46:16 AM »

But read that amazing plot description beneath the video ...

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 12:54:47 AM »

That makes me think of another plot description: the worst OUTITW plot description I ever read was on the back on a French VHS I saw 15 years ago: the spoiled the ending by stating that Harmonica wanted to kill Frank because the later killed his brother. This is the only spoilable plot element from the film and they managed to spoil it in under 50 words.

www.ThibautOskian.com
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 08:53:58 PM »

The American VHS did that, too.

Saturday nights with Groggy
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 10:36:03 PM »

That makes me think of another plot description: the worst OUTITW plot description I ever read was on the back on a French VHS I saw 15 years ago: the spoiled the ending by stating that Harmonica wanted to kill Frank because the later killed his brother. This is the only spoilable plot element from the film and they managed to spoil it in under 50 words.

I never ever read plot descriptions before watching a movie. Ever. It's obvious the idiots writing these things don't give a damn about spoiling things.

When I used to rent movies on iTunes, I'd occasionally read the description AFTER watching the movie, just to see how badly it would have been spoiled if I had read it before. The iTunes descriptions are terrible in how they spoil the movie. The GBU description basically tells you the movie ends with a showdown at the cemetery where they find the gold. Here is the actual final sentence of the GBU iTunes description: "When they arrive at the cemetery and find the treasure is when the REAL violence begins ..."
There are numerous other examples.

I never read descriptions. I watch a movie based on having it recommended to me, it being of a genre I like, actors I like, the IMDB rating also plays a factor (i.e., I won't see it if it has an insanely low rating, like below 6/10), but I never read the plot synopsis before watching the movie.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 07:26:06 AM »

I never saw GBU trailer until about 40 years after seeing the film; even that gives too much away.  There were not TV commercials for it here either (1968); all we knew was the Montenegro radio tune and that Clint had been in Rawhide.  We had (wrongly) thought that Alex Cord (from Stagecoach. 1966) was going to be the next big western star.

moviesceleton
Bounty Killer

The glance that makes holes in the silver screen

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 10:15:59 AM »

I'm sure I've mentioned this before but the worst must be the Finish title for OUATITW which alone kinda spoils the ending: "The Harmonica Avenger". Especially written in English, it also makes one of the worst titles ever.

"Once Upon a Time in America gets ten-minute ovation at Cannes"
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 11:39:33 AM »

I'm sure I've mentioned this before but the worst must be the Finish title for OUATITW which alone kinda spoils the ending: "The Harmonica Avenger". Especially written in English, it also makes one of the worst titles ever.

Grin

I think some of the distributors were sitting around in a bar drinking whatever they drink in Finland and made a bet over who could come up with the worst title

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 11:39:58 AM »

The OUATITW title that doesn't spoil anything is the japanese one: WESTERN.

www.ThibautOskian.com
Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 03:27:01 PM »

Very true Grin

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM