Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2018, 07:01:28 AM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Other Films (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Baron of Arizona (1950)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: The Baron of Arizona (1950)  ( 1463 )
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

« : May 19, 2015, 09:29:22 AM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042229/

Sam Fuller's second film: (apparently) a fictionalized tale of James Reavis' unsuccessful attempt to claim the whole territory of Arizona through forgery and deceit, starring Vincent Price, Vladimir Sokoloff and a few other semi-known faces of the industry system. A W without gunshots, hence not really a W. A watchable and rather suave flick, directed in a fairly typical Fulleresque (economical) way. Good performances.

7/10

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #1 : May 19, 2015, 11:55:37 AM »

yeah, I like this one.  O0

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

« #2 : May 19, 2015, 12:22:11 PM »

It also contains connections to The Magnificent Seven and OUATITW. O0

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #3 : May 19, 2015, 03:35:24 PM »

It's been quite a while since I've seen this, but I like this one too. It's like the 40s B movie version of There Will Be Blood.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #4 : May 20, 2015, 04:32:34 AM »

It's been quite a while since I've seen this, but I like this one too. It's like the 40s B movie version of There Will Be Blood.
"I drink Arizona's milkshake!"  ;D

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
T.H.
Bounty Killer

« #5 : May 20, 2015, 05:10:02 PM »

Haha, nicely played.

Claudia, we need you to appear in LOST COMMAND. It's gonna revolutionize the war genre..
Moorman

« #6 : November 22, 2017, 03:36:19 PM »

I caught the last 1/3rd of this film on TCM.  From what i saw, this is a great film. HARD to find. They have it over at Criterion as part of a five film box set of the director, Samuel Fuller.  Vincent Price said it was his favorite film to do. I'll give a review once i see the whole movie...

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #7 : November 22, 2017, 03:39:53 PM »

I caught the last 1/3rd of this film on TCM.  From what i saw, this is a great film. HARD to find. They have it over at Criterion as part of a five film box set of the director, Samuel Fuller.  Vincent Price said it was his favorite film to do. I'll give a review once i see the whole movie...

It's pretty good agreed, about a 7/10.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines