Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 21, 2018, 10:02:57 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
: Blade Runner 2049 (2017)  ( 8859 )
Dust Devil
Bounty Killer

Smoke Tuco, so you can't bullshit!

« #45 : January 12, 2017, 01:51:51 PM »

I used to think Gosling was an interesting young actor back in the days, don't know now. He's probably been in a lot of nonsense since, I presume. :-X

No matter how cleverly you sneak up on a mirror, the reflection always looks you straight in the eye.
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

« #46 : January 12, 2017, 04:52:25 PM »

I used to think Gosling was an interesting young actor back in the days, don't know now. He's probably been in a lot of nonsense since, I presume. :-X

Depends. I enjoy Drive and Only God Forgives and those are perfect examples of his non-talking roles (autistic savant is another way to describe). I know he has dialogue in Gangster Squad but I can't recommend the movie just because he speaks. I think Blue Valentine, Lars and the Real Girl and possible Half Nelson, it's been a long time since I have seen that one, are the ones that are good examples of what he can do. Can't say anything about The Notebook because I never got around to watching it.

stanton
Bounty Killer

« #47 : January 13, 2017, 02:27:35 AM »

Definitely not.

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #48 : January 13, 2017, 02:35:38 AM »

Depends. I enjoy Drive and Only God Forgives and those are perfect examples of his non-talking roles (autistic savant is another way to describe). I know he has dialogue in Gangster Squad but I can't recommend the movie just because he speaks. I think Blue Valentine, Lars and the Real Girl and possible Half Nelson, it's been a long time since I have seen that one, are the ones that are good examples of what he can do. Can't say anything about The Notebook because I never got around to watching it.

I found him particulary bad in Only God Forgives (a film I enjoy). But he's usually good, while rarely great, even in bad movies. Also, when he's at his best, it's because of the mise en scene (Drive)... which gives me high hopes for his performance here.

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

« #49 : January 13, 2017, 02:42:42 PM »

I found him particulary bad in Only God Forgives (a film I enjoy). But he's usually good, while rarely great, even in bad movies. Also, when he's at his best, it's because of the mise en scene (Drive)... which gives me high hopes for his performance here.

Maybe I found him good for bad reasons. Him yelling at his date after the dinner with the mother is always great for a laugh. You ever see Blue Valentine?

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #50 : January 13, 2017, 04:12:06 PM »

You ever see Blue Valentine?

Not really. Only a few scenes, and in French :)

www.ThibautOskian.com
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

"One banana, two banana, three banana, four...."

« #51 : May 08, 2017, 04:50:09 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCcx85zbxz4&feature=youtu.be&t=6s

Looks good visually. But what's all that "key to the future" b.s.? Not another Marxian fantasy film! Fuck!

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #52 : May 08, 2017, 11:06:51 PM »

It looks stunning. I'm a bit worried by some of the actors.

www.ThibautOskian.com
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #53 : May 09, 2017, 04:34:49 AM »

Some?

That's what you get, Drink, for not appreciating the genius of When You Read This Letter.
noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

« #54 : May 09, 2017, 11:31:19 AM »

Well, actually, most of them. But "worried" is the key word here: all of them can be great when well directed.

www.ThibautOskian.com
stanton
Bounty Killer

« #55 : May 09, 2017, 12:01:28 PM »

Well, actually, most of them. But "worried" is the key word here: all of them can be great when well directed.

I'm rarely worried about actors. Why worrying about cattle?

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #56 : June 21, 2017, 02:52:10 PM »

"See it in REAL3D and IMAX." That's good news if it means we're going to get it in flat IMAX.

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

« #57 : September 24, 2017, 04:33:56 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0kobbjpdUg

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #58 : September 25, 2017, 04:04:13 AM »

Thanks looking forward to it.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Spikeopath

« #59 : September 25, 2017, 10:47:42 AM »

Superb actor. Liked him loads from the moment I saw The Believer, and having recently loved and purchased The Nice Guys, I can safely say he's definitely an actor I'm pleased to see on the headline list of any upcoming release.

: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines