Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 06:40:58 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Which film would you have liked to be made by Leone?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which film would you have liked to be made by Leone?  (Read 14090 times)
Two Kinds of ...
Gunslinger

Idiots - it's for you.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2004, 01:31:15 PM »

Most of the flicks I could see him doing his influence is obvious in, including the two Godfathers.   He would have improved anything.

I would have liked to see him tackle a martial arts flick, a crime noire, and a Raymond Chandler adaptation.

Zorro, obviously, too.

More feeling.
Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2004, 03:15:17 AM »

Well he did peplum, westerns, gangster.....would love to have seen him tackle World War 1 story. For movie already made it would have to be a detective, CHINATOWN or FAREWELL MY LOVELY. It would have bin' interesting to see what he would have come up with but sadly.....we'll never know!

« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 04:14:38 AM by Belkin » Logged

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
Alias
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2005, 07:41:51 AM »

A Bond film.

For instance, ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE (with Connery and Bardot instead of Lazenby and Rigg. But that's just my personal preference...)

On a related note (and not to denigrate the great John Barry) it would be fascinating to hear how Morricone would have handled a Bond soundtrack.

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2005, 05:08:39 PM »

i don't know about genres... i mean he already made the best western, war, and gangster films of all time... i guess a modern day crime or noir film would be next, I think if he did a horror/thriller it would have been amazing.

What would i have liked to see directed by leone of existing movies? how about everything done after 1970...haha...
...but If i had to pick one existing movie for him to direct it would be CONAN THE BARBARIAN... the movie and score are near perfection as is and one of my top 10 favorite movies... but i couldn't imagine how amazing it would have been with leone and morricone... although milius and basil p. did an amazing job anyhow.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 05:10:20 PM by grandpa_chum » Logged

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
el nombre
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2005, 07:09:20 PM »

Being new to westerns and having only watched The Magnificent Seven once,  and even though I think it is a good film, I wish so badly Leone had directed it that I get frusrated when I think about how he didn't. Imagine how excellent the story would have been in Leone's Dollars style? That is something I would love to see.

I wonder if he ever wanted to do this one at any point? Especially being a fan of Kurosawa.

p.s. - I also think he would have made an excellent Lawrence of Arabia. Many other films too I guess.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 07:22:48 PM by el nombre » Logged
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2005, 04:51:16 AM »

I agree, as the public, we really got screwed, all the publicity at the time went to Clint and Sergio got left at the wayside.

If he would have gotten the same publicity that say Tarantino gets today, Leone would have been flooded with scripts no doubt, whether or not he would have done any is another question altogether.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
spag fan
Bandido

It don't matter what I say, I'll dub it later.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2005, 11:43:13 AM »

Keoma.

With a Morricone Soundtrack, I'm sure I would have liked it.

visitor
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2005, 02:24:46 PM »

"What kind of film would you have liked to see Leone doing (war, disaster, musical, romantic comedy ,...)?
AND
Which existing film would u rather seen made by him? "

I'm thinkin'..............

DEEP THROAT  Smiley

think of the intense close ups
think of the slow build up to the climax
think of the ... oohhhh - gotta go!!!!!!

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2005, 04:26:24 PM »

lol, visitor.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2017, 06:40:38 PM »

The Dark Tower series by Stephen King.  I can't hope to really do it justice here so I hope some of you have read it.  It's like The Good, the Bad and the Ugly with a strong dash of The Lord of the Rings--that's the feeling, anyway.  It's a seven-volume, 4500 page story and I think Leone was the only director who could realize the SCOPE of the thing, and was both skilled and ambitious enough.  And, of course, Morricone would have to score it, and while I'm fantisizing, let's put  a late-1970s Clint Eastwood in the lead role as Roland, the protagonist.  Gives me goosbumps.

The Dark Tower trailer .... music from FAFDM! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GjwfqXTebIY

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM