Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 12:36:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Which film would you have liked to be made by Leone?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which film would you have liked to be made by Leone?  (Read 14108 times)
Hey Blondie
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2003, 08:33:57 PM »

Batman. I think Sergio Leone would have done a great Batman film.

When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk!
aaronson
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2003, 07:44:29 AM »

Miller's crossing ( Cohen brothers) ?  Some scenes in the wood , the guy dying and still shooting with his machine-gun
the infinite sadness of  the heroe.

sempre sempre ci ni sara banditinelli in macchia Corsa
KERMIT
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2003, 04:33:41 PM »

ditto aaronson.

when johny casper sends  tom, frankie and tic-tac out into the woods in search for bernie burnbeaum's body
frankie starts singing what sounds like a beautiful itialian lullaby.

again when casper's hitmen are coming up the stairs to get leo. leo, listening to an opera, calmly puts his cigar down and reaches for his revolver. he then picks up the still lit cigar and slowly walks down the street pursuing the hitmen in their car while his opera is playing finishing car and fleeing hitmen off.
this film has that dreamlike leone-esque feeling.
eddie dane/j.e. freeman has that same angel eyes like evil to his character.  i'm going to put you in a deep dark place and i am going to enjoy doing it"
jon polito did a superb job in miller's crossing.
"one in the back and one in the brain
show us you're one of the good guys"

« Last Edit: June 24, 2003, 05:16:37 PM by KERMIT » Logged
aaronson
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2003, 03:01:59 AM »

KERMIT, you are definitively a great fim-critic ,( especially when  you agree with me).
Seriously, thanks for your inputs.It's a great pleasure to share your opinion.
Regards Wink

BDR529
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2003, 01:51:22 AM »

The Dark Tower series by Stephen King.  I can't hope to really do it justice here so I hope some of you have read it.  It's like The Good, the Bad and the Ugly with a strong dash of The Lord of the Rings--that's the feeling, anyway.  It's a seven-volume, 4500 page story and I think Leone was the only director who could realize the SCOPE of the thing, and was both skilled and ambitious enough.  And, of course, Morricone would have to score it, and while I'm fantisizing, let's put  a late-1970s Clint Eastwood in the lead role as Roland, the protagonist.  Gives me goosbumps.

aaronson
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2003, 09:34:27 AM »

An adaptation of the famous Japanese films: Ogami Itto , "the wolf with a kid " from a manga

There are 8 or 9 colored,violent  films . The second one is the best .

The heroe is alone , victim of an unfairy plot, beginning a killer , paid for fight .

Jon
Gunslinger

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2003, 01:05:32 PM »

I'm assuming you mean the series of films that was called 'Lone Wolf And Cub'in England,if so,YES,very good films,and Sergio would have been perfect!The 'hero' in these films is very much like The Man With No Name,really more of an anti-hero.

El Indio
Road Apple

HAHAHAHA!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2003, 01:11:16 PM »

I would have liked to have seen his interpretation of The Godfather (4+ hours for certain), but there's no way it could have been any better.

I have read that Leone really wanted to do a remake of Gone With The Wind. I cannot fathom how that would've turned out.

Crazy bellringer was right. There's money to be made in a place like this.
Jayson Kennedy
Bandido

Le tueur

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2003, 04:24:38 PM »

Enzo G. Castellari's 1973 epic police crime drama film La polizia incrimina la legge assolve aka High Crime. Even though he did an outstanding job (Italy's answer to The French Connection that completely destroys it), I can't imagine what Leone could have created....

http://www.pollanetsquad.it/film/013.htm

(one of) moderator: www.dvdaficionado.com
Cuchillo
Road Apple

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2003, 04:14:15 AM »

How about Lost In la Mancha. (Although i still would like to see what would have become of the film had Gilliam completed it).
Or the usual suspects...I can picture it now.
 Roll Eyes

...Ten minutes you'll be smoking in Hell...
Pesci
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2003, 11:45:28 AM »

A war film by Leone would've been very interesting.

He was planning a Leningrad-World War II-film as he died in 1989. It would've been a great film!

But "Gangs of New York" by Leone would've been great, too!

Pesci

"When you've been betrayed by a friend you hit back."
The clint
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2003, 01:27:38 PM »

John Boorman's Hell in the Pacific would have been great in Leone's hands. It's very, very slow almost nothing happens the whole film and there are only two actors, but the film is fun to watch due to great cinematography and would fit perfectly to Leone's style: Two men marooned on an island, manipulating and irritating eachother and trying to kill each other off. And I think that Morricone's score for A Fistful of Dynamite would fit this film as well, better than Lalo Schifrin's rather empty score. I don't know if you agree or if you've seen this movie. If you have tell me what you think.  Roll Eyes

threedusters
Road Apple

sons of bitch's though!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2004, 08:40:05 PM »

"Once Upon a Time in a Chicken coup".  Too little credit is given to Sergio regarding his Directing abilities when it came to Poultry!. Cool

"You  bring a horse for me?,  "well, looks like...................looks like  where shy one horse!.  "You brought two too many"
threedusters
Road Apple

sons of bitch's though!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2004, 09:00:35 PM »

What kind of film would you have liked to see Leone doing (war, disaster, musical, romantic comedy Tongue,...)?
AND
Which existing film would u rather seen made by him?
                                                                                     Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid, just think he would have taken the sentimentality that ruined it away.............  also would have died to have seen OUATICUBA, (Is it true that he was thinking about a Film about "Che"?).

"You  bring a horse for me?,  "well, looks like...................looks like  where shy one horse!.  "You brought two too many"
Film-Junkie Zach
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2004, 12:20:12 PM »

The Leningrad Project
A Place Only Mary Knows
The Gone With The Wind Remake

My Leone Fantasys:
Leone Directing A Quentin Taranino Screenplay

Leone Doing A Samurai Epic

Leone Doing A Crime Epic about Drug Lords

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print