Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 08:36:01 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  Film Locations (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Sad Hill Cementery
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sad Hill Cementery  (Read 11908 times)
Christian
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2015, 12:28:49 PM »

The cultural association of Sad Hill, established in Salas de los Infantes - Burgos, Spain; basically by a group of admirers of  the film “The good, the bad and the ugly”, has begun some time ago to work in  recover the famous cemetery, that was built for the film in the Valley of Mirandilla, municipality of Santo Domingo de Silos.
It is expected to look like it was exactly 50 years after the date they are going to celebrate that anniversary (2016). Among the curiosities there is an initiative to sponsor a tomb (for those who live far away) to finance spending that requires removal of grasses, trees and improving the graves and the possible placement of crosses and tombstones.
In the picture you can see how is going the recovery of the  central stony circle. It is also a call to enthusiasts to get together to work this weekend.

To more information. visit: https://www.facebook.com/acsadhill/?fref=ts

« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 02:29:31 PM by Christian » Logged
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 10:35:44 PM »

You guys should figure out how to actually be able to legally spread the ashes of folks who'd want to have their ashes spread there, that would be cool and you cold make some money for the project too.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Christian
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 10:38:38 AM »

Grin Jaaaaaaa...!
I have not contacted with anybody of that Association. Sometimes I´ve been in touch with Diego Montero, a guy who belong to the Collective Paleontology of Salas de los Infantes and one the most enthusiastic about everything related to the film and its location in the area.
 Cool I have the friki idea of anybody who sponsor a tomb maybe get a  tomb with his name in the graveyard

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 05:04:25 AM »

Wink

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 07:49:11 AM »

cj,
Is that where you want to be buried? Along with a fly fishing rod?

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 04:07:29 PM »

cj,
Is that where you want to be buried? Along with a fly fishing rod?

I though it may fund projects, no?

Christian
Chicken Thief

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 10:53:11 PM »

Just finished the activities in Burgos, on the occasion of the 50 years since the end of the movie was shooted there. The dream of all was that Clint Eastwood would be present but... that not happened. The film was screened in Sad Hill, on the sunset and before that... the audience saw the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRUt9pjLDSk

RondoMachete
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 09:59:17 AM »

My wife and I are going to Spain on a movie location pilgrimage,I'm there for Sergio's movies and Valley Of Gwangi. Can anyone give places to visit

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 04:17:54 PM »

My wife and I are going to Spain on a movie location pilgrimage,I'm there for Sergio's movies and Valley Of Gwangi. Can anyone give places to visit

Welcome aboard!

There is a great website called "Sergio Leone - Places of Memory" this guy Regis Cluseau has evey location mapped out. Unfortunately,  time I checked the site was hacked so i have not gone back on in a few years; if you are brave you can check again and see if it's working ok. Regis used to post around here but not in a while.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
pippo
Road Apple

do the trains stop ?!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 09:29:54 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUU7auBwyI0

"Questions are never indiscreet, answers sometimes are" Colonel Douglas Mortimer - Oscar Wilde
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 01:27:33 PM »

discussion here http://www.fistful-of-leone.com/forums/index.php?topic=12981.0

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM