Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 05:34:24 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Ennio Morricone (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Hateful Eight not being shown in Cineworld UK
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Hateful Eight not being shown in Cineworld UK  (Read 1082 times)
Mr.Cho-Cho
Chicken Thief

Something to do with death

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2016, 04:28:26 AM »

It's disappointing to see that The Hateful Eight, the first fully-Morricone scored Tarantino movie, has been pulled from all Cineworld cinemas Sad

I'm Cineworld Unlimited holder and it's a bit annoying. Apparently because Odeon (a rival Cinema chain) have an exclusivity clause in which they can show the film in a 70mm print (although I think it's only Odeon Leicester Square). Usually I wouldn't pay 12 to watch a movie at the cinema, but I quite want to see this.

I kind of understand why Cineworld are taking a stand, but it's a bit annoying having to pay additional money to see it.

"You remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was, for an hour or for a month - he must have been a happy man."
Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 06:54:51 PM »

Is that Leicester Square Odeon the two level one? I remember it being pretty cool having those two tiers.

I actually only went to see this because of the novelty of it being a new film shot in 70mm and Morricone's score might have swayed me a little. I saw it at the AFI Silver (the small east coast outpost of the AFI in LA) and they naturally did a great job. As Groggy mentioned, having an overture and intermission was a nice hark back to the good ol' days.

Mr.Cho-Cho
Chicken Thief

Something to do with death

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 04:14:35 AM »

I didn't even realise there was an Overture and Intermission!  Cheesy

Yes the Odeon Leicester Square one is two tiered. Although I last went there when I was 7 years old to watch Aladdin. I think I might as well try and watch it in 70mm now.

"You remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was, for an hour or for a month - he must have been a happy man."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM