Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2018, 08:43:52 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  2016 Awards Season for 2015 Movies
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
: 2016 Awards Season for 2015 Movies  ( 8095 )
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #90 : February 29, 2016, 04:43:34 PM »

So, not worth Amazon's $15 purchase price?
no way.

if you really want to try it, go rent it somewhere, on a dvd rental service or streaming service. Definitely don't buy the disc before watching the movie.

There is one really good thing about this movie - Emory Cohen delivers a terrific performance as the Italian kid. But of course, he wasn't even given an Oscar nomination. he would have made a worthy supporting Actor nomination.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #91 : February 29, 2016, 05:51:01 PM »

I mean, in general, I would not advocate buying a dvd of a movie you have not seen yet. If you have a rental service, it is always safer to do a rental and then, if you love it, buy it afterward.

The only dvd's I ever bought without having seen it first are movies that were unavailable on rental service.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #92 : February 29, 2016, 05:58:00 PM »

It's a streaming video. Fair enough, I can wait until HBO.

Saturday nights with Groggy
drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

« #93 : February 29, 2016, 06:35:22 PM »

It's a streaming video. Fair enough, I can wait until HBO.

$15 for a streaming video rental??

Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #94 : February 29, 2016, 07:11:00 PM »

I think it's purchase only.

Saturday nights with Groggy
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #95 : March 01, 2016, 03:44:21 AM »

Even if Vigoda's movie fame comes from one role, so what? It is a famous role in a famous movie. If not for the role of Moe Green, Alex Rocco may not have merited mention at the In Memorium ceremony. So, why doe sMoe Greene get the mention but Sal Tessio doesn't?

Is it possible that the Academy simply forgot??? Tessio died very recently. And they mentioned a bunch of people nobody ever heard of, technical people or behind-the-scenes people or whatever ... And they forget or neglect Tessio? Unforgivable.

If I was Spike Lee or Jada Pinkett Smith or whatever, I could probably find some racial reason for all this. Rocco was an Italian who played a Jew, Vigoda was a Jew who played an Italian, maybe we can imagine some racial reason behind all this. I mean, thank God Vigoda wasn't black; if he was, there'd be a whole bunch of new material for the race baiters  ;)

Same thing happened last year with Lizabeth Scott they left her out but included her this year.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines