Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 05:50:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In The West (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Questions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Questions  (Read 2088 times)
caviar
Road Apple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2004, 12:03:19 AM »

I have the following questions about the movie that I just saw for the n times but this time listening to the audio comments:

1) Why does Jil (Claudia) have sex with Frank (Henri)?

2) Why are the two characters so close during the shooting in the last scene?

3) Why does Sergio Leone move from one scene to another when Frank enters Claudia's ranch?  It immediately jumps into two other scenes and in one of them Frank is present.  However after the movie goes back to the scene where Frank and Jil make love.

4) Does Harmonica turn Cheyenne to the sherif as a plot with Cheyenne or does he really turn him over despite Cheyenne's agreement?

5) Why does Frank stay in the city after he tried to buy the property back from Harmonica instead of jumping on his horse and leave?

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 12:49:07 PM »

I'm no expert but i'll do my best... this is what i have been lead to believe...

1) basically she is a whore, and will, as frank says, do anything to save her hide.

2) not really sure... i guess in a showdown it doesn't really matter that much, someone will go down... i guess you could say that they both wanted to make sure nobody missed.

3) Some think it's just an editing mistake... i happen to think that frank and jill had two separate meetings and perhaps one was just cut short in the editing room and ended up only being one shot. or maybe it was meant to be only that one shot

4) i think it's undoubtedly a plot with cheyenne, i mean cheyenne has his men waiting to break him out, he was definitly in on it... not to mention the first place cheyenne goes after his encounter with mr. choochoo is the mcbain ranch, where he sees harmonica wittling on a piece of wood and does nothing.

5) Not sure on this one either... i guess he's just not really sure what to do now and I think he can sense that something just isn't right... that maybe morton can't be trusted, in that case where do you suppose he should go.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 12:50:12 PM by grandpa_chum » Logged

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
Cusser
Bounty Killer

Remember, I always see the job through !

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 12:50:46 PM »

My 2 cents worth:
I have the following questions about the movie that I just saw for the n times but this time listening to the audio comments:

1) Why does Jill (Claudia) have sex with Frank (Henry)?  To stay alive

2) Why are the two characters so close during the shooting in the last scene?  Actually, that would be more realistic than not; pistols were not that accurate.  In reality, there were very few (if any) "traditional" gunfights, but experts have stated that participants would be close.

3) Why does Sergio Leone move from one scene to another when Frank enters Claudia's ranch?  It immediately jumps into two other scenes and in one of them Frank is present.  However after the movie goes back to the scene where Frank and Jil make love.  Frank takes Jill to Navaho Cliffs, note the stone wall; McBain's is wood.

4) Does Harmonica turn Cheyenne to the sherif as a plot with Cheyenne or does he really turn him over despite Cheyenne's agreement?  As a plot to get money for Jill.

5) Why does Frank stay in the city after he tried to buy the property back from Harmonica instead of jumping on his horse and leave?  Couldn't live without knowing reason for Harmonica stalking him.

grandpa_chum
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 01:43:08 PM »

3) Why does Sergio Leone move from one scene to another when Frank enters Claudia's ranch?  It immediately jumps into two other scenes and in one of them Frank is present.  However after the movie goes back to the scene where Frank and Jil make love.  Frank takes Jill to Navaho Cliffs, note the stone wall; McBain's is wood.

AHAH! i did not notice that... that explains perfectly what is going on... because the scene in the middle is in the navajo cliffs with morton

Harmonica: So, you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race...
DJIMBO
Gunslinger

Who are you?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 01:13:06 PM »

Its these kinda things that some knock OUATITW down for: they say its flawed as a story, i dont agree, and anyway, its the STYLE that matters, never IMO has a director had such an identifiable style, and u could say been so dependent on it. But i dont care!!  Grin

Dave Jenkins, Calder Benson, Jim Cooper, Chuck Youngblood. They were all alive until they met you, Frank.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM