Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 10, 2022, 12:52:04 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  General Information
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  The Books
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: The Books  ( 5315 )
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« : January 31, 2003, 03:04:39 PM »

I remember reading a book by, I think it was Joe Miland?, I think there were more than one, anyway they were extentions of the "Man With No Name" stories. The one I read had Tuco and Blondie on another adventure that I think was in Mexico, it was not bad and it was entertaining. Does anyone know if I remebered the author's name right and how many of these were written and their titles?

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Ramon
Gunslinger

What are we going to do with this one Frank?

« #1 : February 01, 2003, 06:49:33 AM »

I remember these books from back in the mid to late 70's, author was Joe Millard.

Blood for a Dirty Dollar
Devil Dollar Sign

are the only titles I remember now.

in these parts a man's life can depend on a mere scrap of information.

Ramon

www.fistfuloflocations.com
www.youtube.com/profile?user=swlocations
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #2 : February 01, 2003, 11:15:09 AM »

Thanks Ramon, I Think I read the "Blood for a Dirty Dollar", rings a bell, I wonder how many in total there were. Also what kind of deal the author had to create such works and what kind of parameters he had to work within.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Ramon
Gunslinger

What are we going to do with this one Frank?

« #3 : February 02, 2003, 03:56:40 AM »

I've been doing a internet searching and found

http://members.aol.com/sartana/  which lists :

Other Man With No Name books:
A Dollar to Die For by Brian Fox;

The Million Dollar Bloodhunt; The Devil's Dollar Sign; A Coffin Full of Dollars; Blood for a Dirty Dollar all by Joe Millard.

Also had a look on amazon.co.uk which showed up the same titles, so that could be the definitve list.

It would be interesting to know Millard's remit, when I read the books I seem to recall 'The Man With No Name' character doing things out of character when compared to the Dollar trilogy stories.

in these parts a man's life can depend on a mere scrap of information.

Ramon

www.fistfuloflocations.com
www.youtube.com/profile?user=swlocations
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #4 : February 02, 2003, 06:13:37 AM »

Ok great, now we need some volunteers to give us a synopsis of each to give us glimpse of the further adventures of Blondie and Tuco.

It would be an entertaining thread to keep going.

Jupa
Gunslinger

Viva Leone!

« #5 : February 15, 2003, 09:10:11 AM »

Also what kind of deal the author had to create such works and what kind of parameters he had to work within.

I would also like to know how the author got the permission to write books on Leone's characters.

johnk
Bandido

I'm a llama!

« #6 : August 13, 2007, 12:02:07 PM »

I remember reading these books in the early 70,s.If I remember correctly doesn't the other character in all the novels resemble Lee Van Cleef as if the author probably  thought they would make the films with the same actor as in FFDM and GBU ? Spoils the stories.

marqkin

« #7 : August 14, 2007, 06:25:22 AM »

I remember reading a book by, I think it was Joe Miland?, I think there were more than one, anyway they were extentions of the "Man With No Name" stories. The one I read had Tuco and Blondie on another adventure that I think was in Mexico, it was not bad and it was entertaining. Does anyone know if I remebered the author's name right and how many of these were written and their titles?

Okay....
I believe the book that you read was entitled 'A DOLLAR TO DIE FOR', and it was the only one written by Brian Fox. It did, indeed, re-introduce the character of Tuco, as well as a gunslinger called 'Pinky Roebeck', and a dashing Colonel/Captain, who was very good with a sword...if I remember correctly.....
A total of 8 'Dollar Western' novels were produced, and they were:
'A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS'     Frank Chandler (this was an alias for the author George G. Gilman, who wrote a series of westerns novels based on a character called 'EDGE').
'FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE'    Joe Millard
'THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY'   Joe Millard
'A DOLLAR TO DIE FOR'   Brian Fox
'A COFFIN FULL OF DOLLARS'    Joe Millard
'THE DEVIL'S DOLLAR SIGN'   Joe Millard
'BLOOD FOR A DIRTY DOLLAR'   Joe Millard
'THE MILLION DOLLAR BLOODHUNT'   Joe Millard

The Man with no name character tended to be more talkative in these spin-off novels, but they are worth reading if you can manage to obtain them off somewhere like EBay... As collector's items, they are well worth having....
I still have all 8 in my possession and - if I discover where I've put them!! - I'll dig them out and give you a brief synopsis of each one....
Several years ago, when I was moving home, I foolishly decided to give most of my book collection to a local Charity shop - including the 'Dollar' westerns!!!!
I then realised what an idiot I'd been, rushed down to the Charity shop, and was lucky enough to get them all back in one piece!!
Needless to say, I'm very careful about what I throw away nowadays!!
Adios.....

: [1]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines