Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 05:11:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Full Contact (1992)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Full Contact (1992)  (Read 396 times)
titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2016, 09:36:59 PM »

Dubbed as usual as "neo-noir" by some (it sells better) it is actually the cartoonish stuff Tarantino "intellectualized" (actually commercialized) by adding bogus "significant" monologues, the flashbacks and flashforwards and the Hollywood machinery. Still this one is (in spite of the amateurish acting: but is it really amateurish or just the chinese HK way to play? I always wondered since the kung fu craze of the '70's) very well made in the action scenes, actually even better than most of the movie action fare ladled to us in the last 30 years. 8/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsR4Mz4U4wY&list=PLnOzJBoZkqfSKWHyv24l9r7Vsz9LrQvFJ&index=130

Kurug3n
Bounty Killer

Que pasa?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 09:58:04 PM »

When it comes to Chow Yun Fat, it's mostly the charisma and charm he has that makes the movie work. I haven't seen Full Contact yet but have you seen City on Fire? or Prison on Fire? Those seem to be the best of the Ringo Lam and Chow Yun Fat films. I've only seen City on Fire and besides the terrible music that was redubbed into the dvd release, its great. That's the film that gets the most comparison's to Reservoir Dogs.

titoli
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 12:40:00 AM »

Chow Yun Fat looks ridiculous, at least to me. His face could be one of a baker or a civil servant, not of an action hero. But that is the problem I have with asian movies: they're from another culture (or subculture), I do not understand their language and I can't judge about the actors (or non actors) facial expressions and their body language. I saw this movie only out of curiosity, but I usually keep myself away from asian stuff.   

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM