Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2017, 04:32:04 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  Once Upon A Time In America (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Rare ouatia book on eBay?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rare ouatia book on eBay?  (Read 4276 times)
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2016, 11:45:50 AM »

Anyone seen/own this book? Guy wants a fortune for it but just curious how rare it is.

http://r.ebay.com/2hyEyM

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 03:20:46 PM »

No, but it does look interesting

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
chris
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 03:27:53 PM »

A few years ago I tried to buy this book but without success.  It was listed on an Italian site but it was an error and the title is no longer available.

It was quite expensive (about 80 euros) but contains 318 pages and although I've not seen a copy, some of the photos look interesting.

Title: C'era una volta in America : photographic memories : un film di Sergio Leone
Author: Marcello Garofalo
Publisher: Editalia
First published in 1988 (100 euros)
In Italian
318 pages with lots of photos
Out of print

It's rare but second hand copies are advertised from time to time.

The following site had one for sale at 80 euros but it may have now been purchased:

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=https://www.maremagnum.com/libri-antichi/c-era-una-volta-l-america-photographic-memories/145489105&prev=search

"Noodles.  I slipped."

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 06:54:41 AM by chris » Logged
Jordan Krug
Bounty Killer

Crazy bellringer was right....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 04:23:42 PM »

A few years ago I tried to buy this book but without success.  It was listed on an Italian site but it was an error and the title is no longer available.

It was quite expensive (about 80 euros) but contains 318 pages and although I've not seen a copy, some of the photos look interesting.

Title: C'era una volta in America : photographic memories : un film di Sergio Leone
Author: Marcello Garofalo
Publisher: Editalia
First published in 1988 (100 euros)
In Italian
318 pages with lots of photos
Out of print

It's rare but second hand copies are advertised from time to time.

The following site had one for sale at 80 euros but it may have now been purchased:

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=https://www.maremagnum.com/libri-antichi/c-era-una-volta-l-america-photographic-memories/145489105&prev=search

"Noodles.  I slipped."

Thanks for the info!

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 07:58:55 PM »

The following site had one for sale at 80 euros but it may have now been purchased...

Yup - says it was bought on the website.

I would be interested (of course not paying more than 80 euros or so) providing the images were predominantly behind the scenes stuff or deleted scenes etc. I wouldn't be so interested in just pretty stills from the film that I could appreciate by watching the film itself.

I live fairly close to the Library of Congress in Washington DC which has a staggering amount of books from all over the world. However, it doesn't look like they have a copy of this one.

chris
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 01:45:48 AM »

I agree about the photos. 318 pages and 550+ photos sounds a lot but from the samples provided by the seller  - 23 pages and about 55 photos - most of them look similar to those in the movie or have been published elsewhere.

Provided I was satisfied about delivery, I'd probably go a bit higher than the original price - say $200.

LITTLE BIG MAN
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 10:13:51 AM »

Jordan I was given the book as a present about 10 years ago - my book came in a slipcase but without the dust jacket
It was purchased online from an Italian rare book shop/website but not sure of price.  The book was published in 1988 by Editalia (Rome) ISBN: 88-7060-192-7.  The book is basically a collection of  photos taken by Angelo Novi the OUATIA set photographer (black and white & colour) some of the photos I had seen before - others I hadn't.  There is also a few original 1920's/30's black & white photos which i think Leone used for research purposes.  The book is written in Italian and one day I'll try and get around to translating it into English.  I think it's a wonderful book and feel very lucky to own a copy - unfortunately the book is out of print but copies do pop up from time to time online - hopefully the ISBN number will help you and others track a copy down😉👍

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 10:30:28 AM »

The book is basically a collection of  photos taken by Angelo Novi the OUATIA set photographer (black and white & colour) some of the photos I had seen before - others I hadn't.  There is also a few original 1920's/30's black & white photos which i think Leone used for research purposes.

That definitely sounds interesting.

LITTLE BIG MAN
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 10:59:00 AM »

Novecento there is an interesting photo of Edward G Robinson in Little Ceasar - it's the iconic photo of EGR wounded holding his arm with a shop window riddled with bullet holes in the background - beside that photo is a photo of Leone on the Montreal/Joe ambush set - he is inspecting the car window which is also riddled with bullet holes and is obviously a replication/nod to Little Ceasar.  Another interesting one is a photo of Noodles in a theatre audience (again in Montreal) where he is watching Deborah/1933 perform her (cut) Busby Berkeley routine.

Novecento
Bounty Killer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 09:01:01 AM »

Novecento there is an interesting photo of Edward G Robinson in Little Ceasar - it's the iconic photo of EGR wounded holding his arm with a shop window riddled with bullet holes in the background - beside that photo is a photo of Leone on the Montreal/Joe ambush set - he is inspecting the car window which is also riddled with bullet holes and is obviously a replication/nod to Little Ceasar.  Another interesting one is a photo of Noodles in a theatre audience (again in Montreal) where he is watching Deborah/1933 perform her (cut) Busby Berkeley routine.

This one right?

I'm liking the sound of this book more and more.

LITTLE BIG MAN
Bandido

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 12:31:50 PM »

Yup that's the one Novecento😉👍

Giallofilms
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 08:28:27 AM »

I have this book if anyone would like me to upload some pictures?!? Afro

noodles_leone
Bounty Killer

Lonesome Billy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2016, 12:56:55 AM »

I have this book if anyone would like me to upload some pictures?!? Afro

Welcome on board, and please, do  Afro

New music video: ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE https://youtu.be/p968oyMo5B0
www.ThibautOskian.com
Giallofilms
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2016, 01:55:45 PM »

I have been trying for hours to upload photo's to this site!!!!  made them all below 75kb and I still get the bloody message 'not writeable, avatar not saved'.  Any ideas? Angry

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2016, 03:31:57 PM »

upload first to photobucket or something similar then use that url for here.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM