Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2024, 03:09:23 PM
:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Other/Miscellaneous
| |-+  Off-Topic Discussion (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  Stalag 17 (1953)
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Stalag 17 (1953)  ( 15163 )
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #15 : August 02, 2006, 10:34:47 AM »

And it has a great ending with Holden and six or seven Union and Confederate soldiers, and the requisite woman, trying to surive in the middle of the desert amidst some Apache warriors.  It's a very original ending that I haven't seen in any other westerns.  Definitely worth a look, Grogs.

Sounds cool. I'm going to look into that.

Tim

« #16 : August 03, 2006, 10:31:18 AM »

Peacemaker, or anyone interested in seeing Holden in Escape from Fort Bravo, TCM is airing it September 13 at 12:00 AM and in widescreen!  Another good movie in the John Sturges filmography.  Here's a link.

http://tcmdb.com/title/title.jsp?stid=3227

J B
Bandido

« #17 : August 03, 2006, 10:52:58 AM »

Great movie.  Billy Wilder rules!  Out of his films I've seen, however, my favorite would have to be The Apartment.

The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #18 : August 03, 2006, 11:02:44 AM »

Peacemaker, or anyone interested in seeing Holden in Escape from Fort Bravo, TCM is airing it September 13 at 12:00 AM and in widescreen!  Another good movie in the John Sturges filmography.  Here's a link.

http://tcmdb.com/title/title.jsp?stid=3227

Thanks! TCM is a gift from God for film lovers.  ;D

dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #19 : August 04, 2006, 02:42:09 PM »

Great movie.  Billy Wilder rules!  Out of his films I've seen, however, my favorite would have to be The Apartment.
I take it, then, that you haven't seen Double Indemnity or Sunset Blvd.

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #20 : August 04, 2006, 02:43:46 PM »

I take it, then, that you haven't seen Double Indemnity or Sunset Blvd.

Sunset Blvd! What a great movie that was. William Holden was fantastic in that movie and the actress who plays the washed-up actress ( forgot her name ) creeped me out.

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

« #21 : August 05, 2006, 09:06:47 AM »

yea Thumbs up for escape from Ft. Bravo.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

« #22 : August 13, 2006, 02:58:47 PM »

I take it then you haven't seen "Bridge on the River Kwai" yet?  That's a must-see movie Beebs, especially if you like Lean's other films.  It isn't Holden's best part and he's somewhat overshadowed by Alec Guinnness and Sessue Hayakawa but he still does a great job.  He has excellent chemistry with Jack Hawkins and it's fun to see the very American Holden and the very British Hawkins play off each other.

Saturday nights with Groggy
The Peacemaker
Bounty Killer

OH SH*T!

« #23 : August 13, 2006, 03:44:44 PM »

I take it then you haven't seen "Bridge on the River Kwai" yet?  That's a must-see movie Beebs, especially if you like Lean's other films.  It isn't Holden's best part and he's somewhat overshadowed by Alec Guinnness and Sessue Hayakawa but he still does a great job.  He has excellent chemistry with Jack Hawkins and it's fun to see the very American Holden and the very British Hawkins play off each other.

Bridge on the River Kwai is a great one. I often find myself whistling the British tune.

drinkanddestroy
Global Moderator
Bounty Killer

trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders?

« #24 : October 15, 2017, 03:45:09 PM »

I think this is my second-favorite Wilder movie, after Double Indemnity. Great performances and incredible cinematography.

There are three types of people in the world, my friend: those who can add, and those who can't.
dave jenkins
Bounty Killer

The joy of loving is to live in a world of Mandom

« #25 : September 05, 2023, 04:42:57 PM »

https://kinolorber.com/product/stalag-17-4kuhd

DISC 1 (4KUHD):

Brand New HDR/Dolby Vision Master ? From a 4K Scan of the 35mm Original Camera Negative
NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker/Historian Steve Mitchell and Combat Films: American Realism Author Steven Jay Rubin
NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Joseph McBride, Author of Billy Wilder: Dancing on the Edge
Audio Commentary by Actors Richard Erdman and Gil Stratton with Co-Playwright Donald Bevan
Triple-Layered UHD100 Disc
Optional English Subtitles

DISC 2 (BLU-RAY):

Brand New HD Master ? From a 4K Scan of the 35mm Original Camera Negative
NEW Audio Commentary by Filmmaker/Historian Steve Mitchell and Combat Films: American Realism Author Steven Jay Rubin
NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Joseph McBride, Author of Billy Wilder: Dancing on the Edge
Audio Commentary by Actors Richard Erdman and Gil Stratton with Co-Playwright Donald Bevan
Stalag 17 ? From Reality to Screen: Featurette (22:01)
The Real Heroes of Stalag XVII B: Featurette (24:49)
Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
Optional English Subtitles

Publish Date : 2023-10-24

"McFilms are commodities and, as such, must be QA'd according to industry standards."
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines