Sergio Leone Web Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 02:42:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News:

+  Sergio Leone Web Board
|-+  Films of Sergio Leone
| |-+  A Fistful of Dollars (Moderators: cigar joe, moviesceleton, Dust Devil)
| | |-+  ROBERT VAUGHN?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ROBERT VAUGHN?  (Read 8490 times)
Belkin
Gunslinger

Can my character have a poncho, Sergio? Please!

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2004, 12:49:12 PM »

Elmer just passed away. So I had to sit down and watch , for the 900th time, that wonderful western, THE MAGNIFICENT 7! That opening theme, MMMM, goes without saying, but I'll say it, a classic! Of all the characters in that movie, the one that reminds me of THE MAN WITH NO NAME most is, ROBERT VAUGHN. His "plate of beans" speech reminds me of NO NAME'S speech about "somebody he once knew (AFOD)"! Both speech's are delivered with a sense of doom!
Any other characters in MAG 7 remind anybody as a forerunner to THE MAN WITH NO NAME? Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 04:22:37 PM by Belkin » Logged

You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it on the streets...
KERMIT
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 10:26:48 PM »

Elmer just passed away. So I had to sit down and watch , for the 900th time, that wonderful western, THE MAGNIFICENT 7! That opening theme, MMMM, goes without saying, but I'll say it, a classic! Of all the characters in that movie, the one that reminds me of THE MAN WITH NO NAME most is, ROBERT VAUGHN. His "plate of beans" speech reminds me of NO NAME'S speech about "somebody he once knew (AFOD)"! Both speech's are delivered with a sense of doom!
Any other characters in MAG 7 remind anybody as a forerunner to THE MAN WITH NO NAME? Roll Eyes
belkin you got a gift man, you know the best leone actors that may ? i always wondered just how much clint cut from his lines. what joe says there is very profound, yet we're left to figure joe's past.

in magnificent seven robert vaughn is the olny gunfighter to have self doubt. delicate role in which vaughn shoots- he scores. he resolves responds to his situation. this can't be easy belkin. did he die ? .....and just when we bneed him the most.
keep posting various neames that pop into your head like LOMBARDS did w/ MR. WOODY STROODE.   Grin

Belkin
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 10:27:15 AM »

belkin you got a gift man, you know the best leone actors that may ? i always wondered just how much clint cut from his lines. what joe says there is very profound, yet we're left to figure joe's past.

in magnificent seven robert vaughn is the olny gunfighter to have self doubt. delicate role in which vaughn shoots- he scores. he resolves responds to his situation. this can't be easy belkin. did he die ? .....and just when we bneed him the most.
keep posting various neames that pop into your head like LOMBARDS did w/ MR. WOODY STROODE.   Grin
Check out VAUGHN'S book, " ONLY VICTIMS". Classic HUAC insight.  Wink

« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 02:27:27 PM by Belkin » Logged

Tim
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 06:25:01 PM »

Steve McQueen's Vin reminds me of the Man with no Name because he does so much without saying more than a few words.  I always thought it was funny that McQueen was always trying to upstage Yul Brynner by doing something in the background with his hat or gun.

On that little booklet included with the Magnificent 7 dvd it says that McQueen only had 16? lines.  I haven't looked at it in awhile so don't quote me.  Maybe they meant Coburn?

KERMIT
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 10:39:08 PM »

Steve McQueen's Vin reminds me of the Man with no Name because he does so much without saying more than a few words.  I always thought it was funny that McQueen was always trying to upstage Yul Brynner by doing something in the background with his hat or gun.

On that little booklet included with the Magnificent 7 dvd it says that McQueen only had 16? lines.  I haven't looked at it in awhile so don't quote me.  Maybe they meant Coburn?
vin told two funny stories, can't rememeber  Tongue
....."so far so good", and" it seemed like a good idea at the time" were the punchlines.  spactacular when he told what it's really like to be a gun for hire. "pretty soon you get to know feret dealers by their first names. wife ? none.  home ? none.  kid ? none".

« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 11:07:43 PM by KERMIT » Logged
KERMIT
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 10:35:52 PM »

"man jumps off a roof. on his way down, each floor he passes people yelling out so how's it going ? the old boy just said so far, so good".  when the  seven decide to go back and fight vin says man jumps into a brier patch. everybody says what the hell we're you thinking of ? seemed like a good idea at the time ". so the  seven, minus harry, decide we go back and make a last stand.

before calvera/eli dies, he asks cris adams/brynner
the same question  mexican bandit asks /hombre/newman. anyone know ?

« Last Edit: January 30, 2005, 07:36:53 AM by KERMIT » Logged
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 08:54:07 AM »

I want to know his name.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Groggy
Bounty Killer

This post gets Agnew's stamp of approval!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 04:03:58 PM »

Robert Vaughn would've been a great Leone character.  Maybe not any of those existing in reality, but I'm sure Sergio could've written him in in our alternate reality.

One actor I would really have loved to see in a Leone film was Robert Ryan.  He was one of Leone's original choices for Colonel Mortimer for FAFDM and I believe he was also up for the Sheriff in OUATITW but had to back out due to commitments on "The Wild Bunch".  He was certainly a great Western character, and almost definitely a Leone character, and I think he could've played many of the characters convincingly.  Mortimer, Angel Eyes, Frank, Cheyenne . . . maybe even Sean in DYS. 

Saturday nights with Groggy
cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2005, 07:58:46 PM »

I still maintain that Richard Boone would have been a great SW character.

"When you feel that rope tighten on your neck you can feel the devil bite your ass"!
Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 04:26:10 PM »

I still maintain that Richard Boone would have been a great SW character.

How about a Sergio Leone film-directed film, starring Robert Vaughn, Robert Ryan, and Richard Boone?  Sound good to you, Joe?  Wink

cigar joe
Bounty Killer

easy come easy go

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005, 03:41:50 AM »

That would work, lol.

Belkin
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2005, 04:19:15 PM »

Anybody ever catch VAUGHN, as a young man, in a movie called HELL'S CROSSROADS. If memory serves me correct, he played BOB FORD in this terrific version of the JESSE JAMES story! And again, anybody catch him in the dreadful MAGNIFICENT SEVEN tv series?

Groggy
Bounty Killer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2005, 04:46:23 PM »

Anybody ever catch VAUGHN, as a young man, in a movie called HELL'S CROSSROADS. If memory serves me correct, he played BOB FORD in this terrific version of the JESSE JAMES story! And again, anybody catch him in the dreadful MAGNIFICENT SEVEN tv series?

Interestingly enough, that movie was on Fox Movie Channel today.  Didn't see it though. Sad

Belkin
Gunslinger

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2005, 05:33:22 PM »

Interestingly enough, that movie was on Fox Movie Channel today.  Didn't see it though. Sad
That's weird, man. Was talking about the very same movie, this weekend gone, to a mate of mine who saw it with myself, in a fleapit back in Dublin, mid 1960's. It's a flic I would dearly love to catch up on, on DVD!

Domi
Road Apple

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2005, 11:02:08 AM »

James Coburn as Britt

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Visit FISTFUL-OF-LEONE.COM